Dodge SRT Forum banner

!!! carbon fiber front bumpers !!!

2K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  thunder6g 
#1 ·
ok i know a vendor that can get cf front bumpers made. I'm wanting to get a few opinions on the design of the bumpers first the bumpers are going to look mostly stock, were are thinking of doing away with the fog light covers and making them built into the bumper for a smoother cleaner look, also doing away with the intercooler cross hairs seeing that most people buying these will have a big front mount intercooler. also making the front bottom lip a bit different may be more of a boxier style. If you have any pics of bumpers or front lips that you would like to see the bottom lip of are bumpers have please post a link or picture to it so we can get an idea. After we come to a conclusion on the front lip idea we will post photoshoped pic and a rough idea on price and will start a group buy if people are interested.
Also if theres any photoshopers out there that are up to the challenge post photochoped pics of what you would like to see to help us out. please don't get to crazy being that they need to be as close as they can to the stock design.

thanks everyone,
chirs

#5 ·
Sign me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 ·
I think you will find there are quite a few folks who would have some interest in this.

#10 · (Edited)
I honestly dont know why anyone would want one considering you would be making the front of your car lighter which is going to make it even harder for you to get traction, wouldnt it make more sense to make the back bumper carbon fiber and leave the front as heavy as possible with out actually adding weight. Keep your metal hood (its not tat heavy to begin with) and keep your front bumper, change your decklid and rear bumper to lighten up the car.

#15 ·
meh another I know a guy who knows a guy who can make................. but we need to judge interest first treads huh :) Sorry but do a search on this. People have been doing this here for years now. What ever happend to that one kit that was "designed prototyped" and should be ready for release in winter '05????? Yeah fizzle good luck but I doubt its gonna do much, the neon is dead and there is no love for it any more

#17 ·
03srt20 said:
I honestly dont know why anyone would want one considering you would be making the front of your car lighter which is going to make it even harder for you to get traction
Are you guys serious? This is sooooo wrong! Our cars are nose heavy..meaning they're not as well balanced as they could be! Take as much weight out of the front as you can!!

Even if you were drag racing....you think taking 30 pounds out of the front end is going to impact your traction? :stab: Every 100 lbs you removed from the car equals roughly a 1/10 second reduction in your 1/4 mile time.....so remove as much wieght as possible...from everywhere!!!!

Heck...if I would of known that I'd pour lead in front frame rails!! :rofl:

#20 ·
dont get rid of the fogs, turn them into brake ducts!!!!! or it would be awsome to move them over to the IC a bit and then run ducts beside them

#23 ·
ah yes

SRTpusher said:
bs... dsms are dead and people still buy them
How are DSM's dead? They have a 4th gen Eclipse out now, a coupledifferent Evo's and a big draw to the older Eclipse's are the AWD and stock turbo set ups. The SRT was nice, but have you guys failed to notice that there are more and more Forced induction cars come from the factory now? Theres no need to buy someone else's 10 y/o beat up whooptie to fix up. You can find a couple year old Subi or Mitsu and go from there............ oh yeah and now theres the Cobalt and Caliber SRT. Mazda has some and is comeing out with more as well :wah?!: yeah the neon SRT is dead and good luck finding late model support for it. Its a dodge and there will be some just the Omni's and the others befor............ but thats more grass roots and not production of parts on a mass level

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.