Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it says the car won't start and it's not the Batt it's 4days old. I just got back from Lajun for a clutch install, my friend and I noticed that the fuel pump was much louder than normal then yesturday I did a pull and hit a 13.0 afr at red line!! Car sounds like it's not getting any fuel to me.I'm still on the stock S3 pump, I also have the 255 pump that I just ordred and will put it in tomorrow but I wanted to get some info to make sure that was the problem. Any input would be a great help:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,141 Posts
notice when you go to start it your rpms dont rise at all, and to me it sounds like the motor isnt turning over much. it almost sounds like your starter isnt turning the flywheel or the flywheel isnt turning the motor, and being as you jsut got it back from a clutch install.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
ROBSSRT4 said:
Looks like lujan fucked your starter up IMO while doing your clutch install, your engine isnt turning over
X2, your starter is not engaging the flywheel... could be a few things
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great my wife is going to stab me in the face!! I have had the car in the shop 3times for clutch installs that turned out to be bad clutches then had this clutch installed and now this:stab: How hard is it to check for problems with the starter? Thanks for the help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ROBSSRT4 said:
Looks like lujan fucked your starter up IMO while doing your clutch install, your engine isnt turning over
The car started a few times after install??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
611 Posts
uhh.. yea .. jason .. the starters just spinning not sending the gear to the flywheel..

so ummm.. were gonna have to take off the starter tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
danameisoj said:
uhh.. yea .. jason .. the starters just spinning not sending the gear to the flywheel..

so ummm.. were gonna have to take off the starter tomorrow.
So is 10am too soon for ya:jester:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,026 Posts
dude....starter....def not engaging flex plate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,826 Posts
Sorry about the run of bad luck J. When it rains it pours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HAVOKSRT4 said:
Sorry about the run of bad luck J. When it rains it pours.
I guess so:jester: But it's not a big deal it's all small stuff so I can live with that:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,796 Posts
Before anything... i have some questions for u...

1. WHY didnt you call me when this problem started???? now that i have that out of the way...

2. When the car drove before ... did the gauges react like normal? any unusual back fires?

3. Any weird noises? like something coming loose... nocking... ??


Now Check this possible things...

1. Right next to the Throttle body , there is a ground wire.. if that came loose it wont start... it will crank over like its doing but wont start..

2. Flex plate came loose... but if you didnt hear any weird noises.. then thats not that case.. Flex plates tend to come loose on this cars... Not Clutch related since that plate does not come off for clutch install...

3. Check Fuel pump fuse... its on the little box in your engine compartment.. yellow 20 amp fuse... since u are in there.. check for starter fuse as well.

4. take out the plugs... check if they are soaked in fuel... if that's the case.. then you have no spark.. if they are clean.. its fuel pump related...

This is the best i can do to try to help you out since i'm not there.. Call me if you have any questions...


Again... Why didnt you call me when the problem started.???

Also for the person who said WE fucked the starter up... The starter does not move from its location while you do a clutch install... incase you did not know... the flex plate stays in the motor there fore there is one way out one way in... no room for error.. :hi: (let me refrase that... it does come out... but it goes in the same way it came out get it???:thumbsup:)


Pablo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BlackSRT-4U said:
Before anything... i have some questions for u...

1. WHY didnt you call me when this problem started???? now that i have that out of the way...

2. When the car drove before ... did the gauges react like normal? any unusual back fires?

3. Any weird noises? like something coming loose... nocking... ??


Now Check this possible things...

1. Right next to the Throttle body , there is a ground wire.. if that came loose it wont start... it will crank over like its doing but wont start..

2. Flex plate came loose... but if you didnt hear any weird noises.. then thats not that case.. Flex plates tend to come loose on this cars... Not Clutch related since that plate does not come off for clutch install...

3. Check Fuel pump fuse... its on the little box in your engine compartment.. yellow 20 amp fuse... since u are in there.. check for starter fuse as well.

4. take out the plugs... check if they are soaked in fuel... if that's the case.. then you have no spark.. if they are clean.. its fuel pump related...

This is the best i can do to try to help you out since i'm not there.. Call me if you have any questions...


Again... Why didnt you call me when the problem started.???

Also for the person who said WE fucked the starter up... The starter does not move from its location while you do a clutch install... incase you did not know... the flex plate stays in the motor there fore there is one way out one way in... no room for error.. :hi: (let me refrase that... it does come out... but it goes in the same way it came out get it???:thumbsup:)


Pablo
Pablo, I did not think it was a problem with your install thats why I did not contact you or post in your section. I thought It was fuel pump related hence the title for the viedo. On the way home we noticed that the fuel pump was getting louder and then I hit a 13.0 afr at 23-24psi, but asfar as crazy sounds, backfires, knocking, there was nothing like that. The car started fine the last few times I have started it. I will check those possible issues and let you know:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,796 Posts
ROBSSRT4 said:
Looks like lujan fucked your starter up IMO while doing your clutch install
I answered this one for you on my last post...

your engine isnt turning over
Now After re reading your comment... wow dude... Do you even know what you are talking about??? :wah?!:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,796 Posts
J-SRT4 said:
BlackSRT-4U said:
Before anything... i have some questions for u...

1. WHY didnt you call me when this problem started???? now that i have that out of the way...

2. When the car drove before ... did the gauges react like normal? any unusual back fires?

3. Any weird noises? like something coming loose... nocking... ??


Now Check this possible things...

1. Right next to the Throttle body , there is a ground wire.. if that came loose it wont start... it will crank over like its doing but wont start..

2. Flex plate came loose... but if you didnt hear any weird noises.. then thats not that case.. Flex plates tend to come loose on this cars... Not Clutch related since that plate does not come off for clutch install...

3. Check Fuel pump fuse... its on the little box in your engine compartment.. yellow 20 amp fuse... since u are in there.. check for starter fuse as well.

4. take out the plugs... check if they are soaked in fuel... if that's the case.. then you have no spark.. if they are clean.. its fuel pump related...

This is the best i can do to try to help you out since i'm not there.. Call me if you have any questions...


Again... Why didnt you call me when the problem started.???

Also for the person who said WE fucked the starter up... The starter does not move from its location while you do a clutch install... incase you did not know... the flex plate stays in the motor there fore there is one way out one way in... no room for error.. :hi: (let me refrase that... it does come out... but it goes in the same way it came out get it???:thumbsup:)


Pablo
Pablo, I did not think it was a problem with your install thats why I did not contact you or post in your section. I thought It was fuel pump related hence the title for the viedo. On the way home we noticed that the fuel pump was getting louder and then I hit a 13.0 afr at 23-24psi, but asfar as crazy sounds, backfires, knocking, there was nothing like that. The car started fine the last few times I have started it. I will check those possible issues and let you know:thumbsup:
No biggie... check those things out and let me know.. could be any of those things... Now... why did you step on the car when u are suppost to breaking in the clutch???? :wah?!: BUSTED!! LOL :rofl:

Pablo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,826 Posts
^^^ LOL. It was only 23-24 psi, technically he didn't give it all it's got. BUSTED! LMAO!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BlackSRT-4U said:
J-SRT4 said:
BlackSRT-4U said:
Before anything... i have some questions for u...

1. WHY didnt you call me when this problem started???? now that i have that out of the way...

2. When the car drove before ... did the gauges react like normal? any unusual back fires?

3. Any weird noises? like something coming loose... nocking... ??


Now Check this possible things...

1. Right next to the Throttle body , there is a ground wire.. if that came loose it wont start... it will crank over like its doing but wont start..

2. Flex plate came loose... but if you didnt hear any weird noises.. then thats not that case.. Flex plates tend to come loose on this cars... Not Clutch related since that plate does not come off for clutch install...

3. Check Fuel pump fuse... its on the little box in your engine compartment.. yellow 20 amp fuse... since u are in there.. check for starter fuse as well.

4. take out the plugs... check if they are soaked in fuel... if that's the case.. then you have no spark.. if they are clean.. its fuel pump related...

This is the best i can do to try to help you out since i'm not there.. Call me if you have any questions...


Again... Why didnt you call me when the problem started.???

Also for the person who said WE fucked the starter up... The starter does not move from its location while you do a clutch install... incase you did not know... the flex plate stays in the motor there fore there is one way out one way in... no room for error.. :hi: (let me refrase that... it does come out... but it goes in the same way it came out get it???:thumbsup:)


Pablo
Pablo, I did not think it was a problem with your install thats why I did not contact you or post in your section. I thought It was fuel pump related hence the title for the viedo. On the way home we noticed that the fuel pump was getting louder and then I hit a 13.0 afr at 23-24psi, but asfar as crazy sounds, backfires, knocking, there was nothing like that. The car started fine the last few times I have started it. I will check those possible issues and let you know:thumbsup:
No biggie... check those things out and let me know.. could be any of those things... Now... why did you step on the car when u are suppost to breaking in the clutch???? :wah?!: BUSTED!! LOL :rofl:

Pablo
:jester: It's got 650 miles on it so I thought I would see if it would hold and it did. I almost forgot what the feels like:clap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,112 Posts
hmm it's definatley the turbo...we should trade :rofl:
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top