Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Dodge Neon Srt4 manual turbo! I was driving home and all of a sudden car is in neutral and now it shifts into every gear but won’t move at all any ideas of what to do?

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
check in this order.
1. Shifter cable bushings (2 on top of transmission, 2 at shifter)
2. Shift selector (very common failure. search it and you'll see all about it.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2005 Dodge Neon Srt4 manual turbo! I was driving home and all of a sudden car is in neutral and now it shifts into every gear but won’t move at all any ideas of what to do?
Yea man unfortunately your oem input shaft snapped. mine did the same thing a week ago and i dropped the trans the day after. your options are to source a junkyard used oem input shaft that will most likely do the same thing after some time unless you baby it, which no one buys a srt4 to baby. or you can buy kw billet input shaft with straight cut 1st and 2nd for $1800. Dcr and pwerks also make built transmissions for like 4 grand or more. Finally there is the liberty dog box gearset for $4200. not to mention ACT clutch will be another $1000 or $2000 for the 1" twin disk. Right now im deciding between the kw or liberty dogbox. Sorry about your trans man.

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Yea man unfortunately your oem input shaft snapped. mine did the same thing a week ago and i dropped the trans the day after. your options are to source a junkyard used oem input shaft that will most likely do the same thing after some time unless you baby it, which no one buys a srt4 to baby. or you can buy kw billet input shaft with straight cut 1st and 2nd for $1800. Dcr and pwerks also make built transmissions for like 4 grand or more. Finally there is the liberty dog box gearset for $4200. not to mention ACT clutch will be another $1000 or $2000 for the 1" twin disk. Right now im deciding between the kw or liberty dogbox. Sorry about your trans man.
Get a reman tranny and 2 new driveshafts. Done!
You dont know its the input shaft. It could be the shift selector... it could be an axles... it could be a blown clutch... while the input shafts are known to fail on higher power cars, it rarely (if ever) happens while just driving down the road. The original poster needs to come back and give more information for us to help any farther.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You dont know its the input shaft. It could be the shift selector... it could be an axles... it could be a blown clutch... while the input shafts are known to fail on higher power cars, it rarely (if ever) happens while just driving down the road. The original poster needs to come back and give more information for us to help any farther.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dropping trans this week will keep you all posted cause it’s not the bushings or anything like that i will keep y’all updated

1 - 8 of 8 Posts