Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, well I bought a PCM, got it flashed to the car, she fired, but ran rich. Drove it around town for a while, got it to my buddy’s house decided, might as well throw the tune I had onto the new PCM but, my dumbass forgot it’s a whole different PCM and it won’t read the key cycles since it’s married to the old PCM (And the old PCM is completely fried and won’t even power or communicate with my OBD port so I couldn’t extract anything off of it). So basically it extracted the tune from the PCM and won’t allow me to put the other tune I have, onto the car. Yes, the PCM is vin matched, flashed to the car whatever, skim and key match up as well. Don’t really wanna spend and hour on the phone talking to the diablo tech and $180 for the unlock tool. Any other inputs ? Something I’m forgetting ? Anything helps, thanks !

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
if the vin is the same it will work.. i have 2 pcm's (origninal and spare flashed with my vin) with the same vin.. both can run the car be flashed by diablo.. diablo is tied to the vin.

our odb2 ports can get finnicky.. reading codes or datalogging is a great test... if its not connecting try holding the cable at an angle.. or pushing the odb2 pins in.. .. may be as simple as cleaning them (eraser) or slight bending of the pin

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
if the vin is the same it will work.. i have 2 pcm's (origninal and spare flashed with my vin) with the same vin.. both can run the car be flashed by diablo.. diablo is tied to the vin.

our odb2 ports can get finnicky.. reading codes or datalogging is a great test... if its not connecting try holding the cable at an angle.. or pushing the odb2 pins in.. .. may be as simple as cleaning them (eraser) or slight bending of the pin
some contact cleaner might help too.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i ended up getting the tuner unlocked, but I’m almost positive I have to get the PCM reset again, it’s like in this weird boot loop to where the fuel pump constantly primes, and the relay constantly makes a clicking noise like it’s a bad relay, I picked up some relays today but if it’s just frying them, I’m gonna wait to have the PCM reset again. tuner won’t even marry to the PCM due to it being stuck in this weird loop to where it’s not reading key cycles, no security light, but no crank no start, it all started when I tried to throw a tune on it when it wasn’t married to the PCM itself, The PCM has a serial number and I assumed that it would go off of the cars vin which it does but it has to go off of the PCM to get information from the security to read key cycles, I just hate that I have to send in the PCM again and wait longer, but it’s the only option at this point, I’m not paying a shit ton of money for the dealership to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts