Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for you other owners, what temp does your car seem to run at usually? what's the warmest you've seen it get? mine seens to jump around a lot, just seeing if this typical.

·
Registered
193 Posts
From what I've heard, it's because it is an actual temp gauge, not the B.S. doesn't tell you anything guage that comes in 99.9999999% of cars. When you are getting on it..the guage will rise, and when you lay off it will go down. :lol:
James

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
(i dont have one, no new info here ! ) this is a comment regarding the above post. I'll second that in saying from reading some stuff on the org that very same thing. the car will have a sensitive temp gauge

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
i third that. it is a real temp gauge, not a "well its within 300 degrees" gauge. it is nice to know the ACTUAL temperature.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Mine seems to hang out right around 200 degrees...right in the middle with small variations depending on how hard I push it.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, it really moves around alot. Not used to seeing a temp guage that works :wink: the service guys at dodge said seeing temps of 220 was normal.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
on my bike i see 180-190 while i am moving. 220 while i am stopped at a light. then the fan comes on and keeps it at 210-215. so 220 sounds a little hot to me.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
200 highway, 220 city.

·
Registered
295 Posts
My srt-4 runs pretty cool actually

well I recommend let the windows down and turn the heater on.!! This allows for a cooler running temp. Also dont keep (try not to) spinning tires and free revving. I presonally don't think its bad but a fellow neonite told me that the free revving is bad for the tranny. whatever, you dont even need to rev it!!!!!! the damn sound scares all those who dare pass the almighty SRt-4!!!!! I'll be very honest I drive slow when I see rice out there, thinkimg their cars are sick because they have purchased freeweights for their cars 95 civic, accords crx's you name it and they TRY to pass me. I swear 2 God without flooring it or dropping into third for a passing I ascend to about 60 in one tug of the gas. then the fun part, the "Holy SHit" look on their faces all of a sudden they drive, like, oh 35mph in a 50, its like they are ashamed for even trying to mod a friggin family car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh yess my ego is 2 tha roof!! j/k lol gotta go great posts today guys

·
Registered
295 Posts
oops!!!!!!

I forgot to list the temps (with the heater on) I get about 185temp running. When I punch it it goes a hair above 200. I mean heck, I took it to 110 and it was talking to me"faster johnny, faster!!!!!!!! needless 2 say even at that speed it was about 205 just dont punch it every time in every gear. a constant speed is the key. My friend who has an srt-4 always punches it in every gear 1, 2, 3 (low gears i mean) he runs atleast 220!!! not saying thats bad but the cooler the Faster

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
Exhaust Depot
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing