Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, this has happened three times now. i go start my car and it runs fine and then when i start to drive, the car will start to shake and studder and won't go any faster. each time this has happened, i have pulled over and turned the car off and than back on and the car has run smooth. i don't understand it. i am not going wot either, just cruising from first through second. any suggestions??

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
keep us updated if this problem keeps reocurring. It might be something with the grounding of the battery and engine.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ah this sucks only 20k miles on the car. this happened before i put my new plugs in and happened afterwards as well. it doesn't throw an engine light either. hmm. i'll try some of the spark stuff if it keeps happening. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey Umm does this happen randomly? Like driving outta nowhere it would shake and studder? When it happens what happens if you full throttle the car?

The reason why I ask this because this happened to me at around 25k Miles, On the freeway it would stuttder and jerk on and off. When I full throttle it, it's fine. Took it to the dealer three times they couldnt find it. NO Codes or anything.

One day I took a trip from the Bay Area down to Las Vegas. halfway there it was studdering and Jerking and all of a sudden MIL light comes on. Hahaha omg I have never been so happy for my MIL Light to come on. I pulled over and wrote the code down. I went back to my dealership showed them the code. Further diagnosis they figured out my Upstream 02 was acting up and it comes and goes. Just lucked out they caught it. They replaced Both 02 sensor. The car never did it again after that hopefully it doesn't ever again.

makes sense cruising fuel delivery is determined by upstream 02 with the help of other sensors, so it jerks on and off when the reading is inconsistent cuz the 02 is bad. Full throttle car goes into open loop so 02 is out the equation. Hope it helps.

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
The same thing happened to me after installing my new throttle body. It's the throttle position sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts