Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving and my car just stopped running. Wont turn over or anything. The radio still works tries jumping and still nothing. I notice a red light comes on now that didn't before and it's the same light that popped up when I put the tuner on my car. Is it but chance my CPU has gone out

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
What red light?
Take a picture and post it if you can.
Have you tried to see if there are any trouble codes?
Have you checked the noise suppressor and the wiring to it?
Check the ASD fuse.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Switched the asd fuse with my horn to see if it would still work since they are the same and it still worked so I'm guessing it's not the fuse. I'm thinking something with the ECU is the problem

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
This might be far fetched but check your cam positioning sensor. It went out on my xterra a few years back and the car just died and would crank back over to start.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update. Was able to start it and drive. Bout some electronic cleaner and cleaned my ECU and cables and also had to disconnect something under the car about mid section in the front and I works just cant seem to real press hard on the gas or else the FP/ASD fuses blow. Might just replace all electrical harnesses and hopefully that will help

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I have nothing connected to the noise suppressor but I dont think there was anything when I bought the car. I was able to drive her fo a day and a half with a bigger fuse and cleaning up some electric wires by clipping and reconnecting with shiny wires and she just blew the fuse on my way home from work the other day

·
Registered
31 Posts
You need to track down that wire to the noise suppressor, it is shorting out someplace and could be the reason the fuse is blowing. See diagram.
What does the noise suppressor actually do ? The reason i ask is i just recently upgraded my engine harness to the KC stage 2 tucked harness and it does not have a connector for the suppressor. So i just took it off and am not running it. but i have a current problem when i put the battery cable back on, i get nothing. not door ding, no lights on the dash, nothing. only get the CD changer going through its motions. So im just trying to eliminate this possibility as a causing issue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Was it running with the noise suppressor disconnected?
Check the main fuses in the power distribution box in the engine bay.
Before I swapped to the KC stage 2 tucked harness, yes. It would run, start, and the suppressor was hooked up. The tucked harness does not have wire for the suppressor.

That was the first thing I check. I thought maybe I had blown a fuse. So I replaced all fuses in the distribution block with corresponding correct amp fuses. Still got nothing.

The reason I changed my harness is I wanted / needed a new one. Factory one was old and had alot of damaged wires from heat exposure. I also had the dreaded 0016 code that read "cam position intermittent signal". after checking the wires for the cam sensor and coolant had corroded them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have you tried temporarily reinstalling the old harness just to see if it will start? BTW, have you checked for spark and fuel with the new harness?
Unfortunately I can't check with the old harness. Because like a DA I cut off the plug for the cam position sensor and cut open the shielding to confirm I had corroded wires.

Fuel and spark I can check however. Once I reinstall the power wire to the battery, and place the key in one turn, I do not hear the fuel pump prime. I believe what I have going on is I have power from the battery, but some how that power is not getting to the pcm.
Is there a relay that goes along with fuse #21 in the power circuit for the pcm ? Or is it just the fuse ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't recall. But look in my signature and click the 2nd link for the Service Manual which has the wiring diagrams.
So a quick update. For me the problem was/is that, some how, my optima red top had died. It's not charging and is not holding anything really above 6.1 volts. I put the battery from my Accord in and she fired right up.
Taking my optima back to Advance to have them charge it, or replace it.
Now I just have to figure out why I still have a 0016 code -_-

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
4 Participants
mreyn17
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing