Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today i woke up today at about 2pm :roll: Well i was leaving the drive way reversing like 10-20 feet stopped to go forward and by the time i turn around my car was stalled :( the clutch was like an inch away from being all the way to the floor. So it wasn't because it was out i started the car up and everything was fine drove about 40 miles or so stopped the car for 5 mins started it up drove another 2 mins then shut car off. Was away for like 40 mins and car didn't start the first time. I think my car is dying....

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
hmmm if you feel you are having an issue have the dealership check the battery...remember its next to the block

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Second Chance said:
Well today i woke up today at about 2pm :roll: Well i was leaving the drive way reversing like 10-20 feet stopped to go forward and by the time i turn around my car was stalled :( the clutch was like an inch away from being all the way to the floor. So it wasn't because it was out i started the car up and everything was fine drove about 40 miles or so stopped the car for 5 mins started it up drove another 2 mins then shut car off. Was away for like 40 mins and car didn't start the first time. I think my car is dying....
Put gasonline in your car man!!! :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

Did it feel like the clutch was engaging when it shouldnt?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i think the problem was he didnt let it warm up.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No CEL but the bad solenoid but i need to get that cleared before i take it to the dealer. And thats last thing cause i don't really want to take the boost controller off

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
acr2nv said:
i think the problem was he didnt let it warm up.
It's hot here man...c'mon...no car should need any warm up here in Florida, especially right now.

Second Chance, whats the gas level?
And also the battery. I haven't checked my car yet, but someone was telling me about a new car they got that ran off the battery!

Meaning if you disconnect the battery the car dies, most cars u can disconnect the battery and the alternator will keep it running.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The clutch was an inch away from the ground i know it wasn't catching cause i messed with it, and I should have to have my car warm up it was in the middle of the day should be warm enough in FL

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Second Chance said:
No CEL but the bad solenoid but i need to get that cleared before i take it to the dealer. And thats last thing cause i don't really want to take the boost controller off
Bad solenoid? U should have yours on there....remember?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
guys must i remind you all about the laws of physics, i mean we all know the engine oil all drips to the pan. When you start the car up "Warm up" is to allow the engine to lubricate itself. Im a firm believer in letting a car warm up before you go rag on it SPECIALLY A TURBO CAR!!! cant stress it anymore

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I try and not rag on my car till engine temp is about 200. But i'll still cruise or drive slow before that I wouldn't consider going less than 10 MPH ragging. Or just starting the car

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
just making sure i point it put to all the first time turbo owners also please remember less than 1/4 tank of gas in a turbo car is a nono

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
No prob, let me know if there is anything similar....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
13 Participants
thispainisours
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing