Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has been sputtering at 4k rpms while driving I had codes come up before for tps and cam position sensor replaced both and it worked perfect going pass 2k rpms fine. No more codes but I realize as I drive going to higher rpms like at 4k it starts to sputter alot it doesn't want to go beyond 4k rpms and holding 10 pounds of boost.If I floor it and force it it will go beyond 10 psi but sputter really bad why is that? I replaced plugs as well ngks 4603 gap them to .35 im running 17 psi on agp wastegate. I'm thinking its either the coil pack or wires, what do you guys think it could be?

Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
Did you use Mopar sensors? If not, then replace the ones you just bought with parts from the local dealer or an online Mopar wholesaler.

If you did use Mopar sensors, then it sounds like to you need to replace the cam sensor magnet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Your fuel system, i.e., fuel pump, may be worth looking into. Sounds like it's the last suspect, but I had similar issues in my Miata thinking it was sensors, the coil pack, wires, etc., and to my surprise the car misbehaving was contributed to a failing pump.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Possibly wires.....and id lower that plug gap a bit.

and don't forget the dielectric grease on the wire ends.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
COIL PACK!!!!!!!! This exact situation happened to me a couple of months ago except mine was 8psi. Replaced the pack and good to go. If you haven't replaced the wires in a while it would be a good time to do those too. I even did the screwdriver test on mine and all four posts fired to the valve cover but one was really weak and another one not quite as bad. If you do that test make sure you are paying close attention to the intensity and not just if it is firing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts