Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i bought the car with stage one already on it. i was running 14.40 to 14.55 with no problem. now i installed atp hardpipe, perrin block off plate and a greddy rs blow off valve and the best run since install is 14.89. am also getting 3psi more now too so can anbody tell me why this is. i have done the boost leak test and that was fine.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
newgreenblink said:
well i bought the car with stage one already on it. i was running 14.40 to 14.55 with no problem. now i installed atp hardpipe, perrin block off plate and a greddy rs blow off valve and the best run since install is 14.89. am also getting 3psi more now too so can anbody tell me why this is. i have done the boost leak test and that was fine.
3psi more? Which would be what total? Timing could be getting pulled..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sometimes more power=less traction=lower ET's. What were your 60' times before/after install. Also, what were your trap speeds? A trap speed usually will show a power increase.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Sounds to me like you wasted a bunch of money on mods that do nothing for performance.

·
Premium Member
6,496 Posts
The tell tale sign of your 1/4 mile times and performance mods should be your MPH. Are you going faster? If so, traction issues. If not, problems with car and/or mods.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
And people say I need the driver mod. Jeez.......no offense:hi: .

I would agree with everything that has already been said. Either traction or boost leak. Buddy of mine had a boost leak after installing a BOV and I've had first hand experience with pulled timing. Went [email protected] then after a computer reset, ran [email protected]

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
newgreenblink said:
Sounds like you have a bigger problem than the mods you put on.

Teh driver mod is teh hardest to find. :readclose

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
[QUOTE='05NeonMaaaaan]And people say I need the driver mod. Jeez.......no offense:hi: .
[/QUOTE]

You still do.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
manic_mopar said:
[QUOTE='05NeonMaaaaan]And people say I need the driver mod. Jeez.......no offense:hi: .
You still do.[/QUOTE]

No, I need the traction mod

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
TheGreyGhost said:
Madrex said:
Sounds to me like you wasted a bunch of money on mods that do nothing for performance.

Which is why hw spent his own money and didnt ask you for yours.......

Hey, Ghost, go ahead and give the step by step instructions on how to do a boost leak test for him!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
219 Posts
[QUOTE='05NeonMaaaaan]
manic_mopar said:
You still do.[/QUOTE]

No, I need the traction mod[/QUOTE]
Well lucky for you theres a company coming out with a traction control for the SRT4 :tongue:

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Santorican said:
[QUOTE='05NeonMaaaaan]
manic_mopar said:
You still do.

No, I need the traction mod[/QUOTE]
Well lucky for you theres a company coming out with a traction control for the SRT4 :tongue:[/QUOTE]

I would NEVER put trac on my car. I just need some bigger wheels and some sticky tires.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
VampOfVegas said:
newgreenblink said:
3psi more? Which would be what total? Timing could be getting pulled..
before i was sitting at 12 and peaking at 14 and now 15 and peaks at 17

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
lazydayz said:
Sometimes more power=less traction=lower ET's. What were your 60' times before/after install. Also, what were your trap speeds? A trap speed usually will show a power increase.
i was getting between 2.1 and 2.3 60' and still getting the same. 96 to 97 before in the traps and now 94 to 96. but we have had hi humidity has been trouble here in kc. and kcir is a ice rink the first 330'

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Santorican said:
srt4srsexy said:
do boost leak test.
Yeah and don't pressurize the car to 20 psi before turning it on, its not good :jester:

then strap a 50 trim on a motor with a knocking rod and a stock fuel system and say " Well, i am just gonna put it on and run it at a low psi cause i got a hell of a deal on it!" :stab:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts