Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys help me out here. I just picked up the SRT this past monday. So not use its "little noises and problems" yet. See if this is normal: I just got home, 11 pm, and it is piss pouring rain. So of course I drove the car easy( shifting at 2500 barely seeing boost) When I get home the damn hood is hot enough for the rain to be evaporating into steam. Temp gauge stays right at or just a needle above the 200* mark. Is this normal for the damn thing to make the hood this hot? Or will the heat shield I get tomorrow(stock upper) help enough?

I almost wonder if the plumbing to the turbo is incorrect and it is not getting cooled enough. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
yeah, Turbos get warm. :jester:

If you dont have a shield on there, you are running a bit more radiant heat. SOme people have melted some of their plastic parts in that region.

·
2013 FF Pizza League Champion
10,991 Posts
The hood gets hot and the engine takes forever to cool down. Heat shield might help a little with the hood.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just want to make sure this is a "normal" srt thing. I had an 01' R/T and it had the "normal" stuff too. I just need to get use to this car.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I remove the little rubber peice on the bottom of the crowl, will that help?

·
Registered
470 Posts
put some hot dogs under the hood just in case you get hungry j/k they all do that plenty of heat from turbo normal

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
our cars get very hot under the hood, even a 5 minute drive can make most attempts at working on anything under the hood or near the exhaust a futile effort. When I get done driving my car and I need to check or adjust something I just park it and wait like 2-4 hours, LOL! I have lost way too much skin when I had the stocker and kept messing with the AWG.......even the intake clamps can remove skin on contact, I still have the threads visible on the back of my hand from one. So yes, our cars get really hot under the hood.......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts