Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, well I live in south Florida, and after months of crap and bullshit from my dealer and such he now says he ACTUALLY ORDERED the car. He went to the training class on the 20th, I called him yesterday on the 21st and said he had ordered 4 cars with one being mine. And of course this time to see if he was shitting me I asked him for a VIN or VON number, he said he gets updates once a week from chrysler, and it's on mondays, he said to call next monday and he said he WILL HAVE VON number by then and he'll give it to me :roll: . As much as I hope for all of this to be true, after months of "oh, 4 weeks it'll be here", I'm not sure if I should believe him or not. So just lettin you guys know the new "info" I got yesterday and I'll obviously let you know what happens next monday, he better give me that damn VON number!!! :twisted: :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Hopefully, when he gives you the VON number, it will be attached to the car and you'll be driving it off the lot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
so far I have not received any option codes or pricing info for the SRT-4. Working at a dealer I know that you can get a VON # for any order, but until you get the VIN (meaning they have accepted an order to build ...) you may not see much progress. AThe various stages of an order are as follows BE...failed edit; BG...passed edit, but not available for scheduling; BX...passed edit, available for sceduling. and so on. I guess what I'm trying to say...we had a vehicle on order for a year, having a VON and everything. It NEVER went past the BG status. (not available for scheduling.). I dont know for sure, but methinks you've been taken out of the market by the dealer you ordered from.

Make sure you pressure him for the STATUS CODE as well as the VIN, not just the VON

If you hear him say it's in D1 status, he better have a VIN at that point, or he's screwing you around.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
bigholley said:
Hey Guys......ask any dealership the "Body Model Code" on the SRT-4 before you hand him any moolah!
The body model code was posted in SCC (PLDS41). It's not going to tell you anything about the dealers ability to order the car. A von is a great start, as no dealer has one of those right now. The vin is better, and the keys are best :wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
not sure what SCC means, but in essence you are right. But a dealer would not know the Body Model Code unless he went to outside resources. In other words, there is no official ordering/pricing info 'published' by Dodge for this car. I just came from the TOPS sight where we process orders and 'no joy'. And you are definately right about the keys to one being the best situation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not to keep throwing water on the fire, but I just did a Dealer locate on the Dealerconnect. Dodge has NO record of any ordered SRT-4 in the region containing Florida. How long ago did this dealer order the car? If he ordered four of them at least one would be showing by now I would think.

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
Hey BigHolley

Do you work at Holley Dodge Middletown CT? If so when are you all going to PVO training and are you going to sell them for MSRP? I live in Woodbury CT so I might be interested if my other dealer falls thru.

Greg

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bigholley said:
Not to keep throwing water on the fire, but I just did a Dealer locate on the Dealerconnect. Dodge has NO record of any ordered SRT-4 in the region containing Florida. How long ago did this dealer order the car? If he ordered four of them at least one would be showing by now I would think.
Well I called him tuesday and he said he had ordered them, but maybe that haven't gone in the system or....I dunno?? All I know is that he knows that I'm presurring the hell out of him and next monday he better give me a damn von or vin number or some good info. One thing I forgot to mention was that he said "this is just a race car in a neon body frame" :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
getting back to gdflys...and anyone else who'll listen

For GDFLYS...The first two training classes were held in LA and Miami. We're waiting patiently for there to be a session up here, Maybe around S. Weymouth or Boston. It would make one think based on Dodge's history, that they bring the car out to the public after all the dealerships get a chance for training. ) Can you imagine the outrage of any zone reps not in on the opening up of the chute? I'm learning a lot from everyone. Lets keep the information flowing, so everyone gets a shot, and nobody gets screwed over.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Like I said in the other post, I received a short email from the dealer today stating he just got back from Miami and the cars are expected within a few weeks. I asked him about the possible LSD option, but he said he couldn't prove or disprove the rumor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey grunge. It's been a couple of weeks. Where are the SRT's. You DID say the dealer was going to have them in c oupl of weeks didn't you? Actually we have just been given a tentative Training date here in the north. Cant wait.....lets see if they will throw me off the track again.

keep the info comming

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
:lol: :lol: The only information I posted about arrival was the email the dealer sent me, along with the other people who have deposits with him. If I hear anything new, I'll let you know. I don't think anyone knows the exact arrival date for sure, but I could have sworn I saw one today.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
5 Participants
Grunge
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing