Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAR INFO: 04 stage3 with 12k, about 6k on stage3...60mm tb, iceman, FMIC, 3" turbo back piping, turbo timed all the time, only synthetic ever used

guys this has me completely stumped :crying: the issue is getting worse and worse and i cant figure out why... it happened before a couple times but inbetween i had no issues... basically, it wont start out of the blue for no reason... sometimes it'll surge a bit then die, other times it'll just crank and not start. giving it gas NEVER helps. rolling the car to start it doesnt help either. resetting the ecu doesnt help. The issues started getting worse and i am now able to start it less and less often without issues.

i have TWO codes right now: 0633 (sentry key) and 0141 which doesnt always come on right when i start... as a matter of fact, it only comes on once i hit boost, or sometimes it wont come on after ecu restart till the second time i start the car again

the only things i've changed recently were:

a)spark plugs>>switched to the same type NGKs, gapped at .035
-after install had no issues

b)my muffler broke off its hangers so i was running for a few days with open 3" turbo back piping all the way to the rear axle. i replaced the O2 sensor since it had seen some lead in the past from the previous owner, and 1 day later i swapped the muffler back on. still, the code 0141 keeps coming on...

what should i do?? check fuel pump? replace O2 again? i have an american car and tehre is a difference in the O2 sensor clips... i bought an american sensor from the dealer and it clicked in fine, but the car switched back to cel 0141 almost right away... please any ideas are welcome. i'm gonna test fuel pressure at start, what should it be at?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
wtf is happening??? could my regulator be going?

i put a gauge off where the schraeder valve used to be and found no pressure...went to fuel pump relay and it gets no signal... for some freak reason, it suddenly started starting and i was getting 40PSI on the gauge while idle, 37-38 while giving her a little gas...as far as i know i should be getting 58psi at idle :flame: after the last time it started (today at lunch) i've wasted on and off over an hour trying to start it with no luck..ZERO fuel pressure in the rail...

WHAT WOULD MAKE THE RELAY NOT GET SIGNAL? WHAT AUTOSHUTDOWN RELAYS COULD BE AFFECTED?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here's a BIG head scratcher...i found a way to make it ALWAYS start again: the car needs to be raised from the back on a jack, and something happens when i do that coz the fawkin thing starts almost without hesitation...when its flat on the ground it wont start for the life of it... so MAYBE, there is a loose connector somehow and when the frame stretches it's probably clicking in properly...could i be right?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same Problem

Mines been having this exact same problem over the last few weeks now, like sometimes randomly my car just wont start. I'll try again a few tims nothing, then all of a sudden it will start. Sometimes it starts and the bogs down, giving it gas wouldnt help. Then it started perfectly fine for like a week and now its doin it again and it just died at my work after tryi to start for over 1 hour, now its at the dealership and i havent gotten word back from them yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts