Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been pretty hard task to make up my mind if I should sell my car but, I have decided to go ahead and do so.
I will putting up the post with pictures tomorrow night.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Good luck, It's not worth selling these cars to me. 10K max seems to be the going rate, for highly built Srt4. Don't know what you're trying to get, it's rough and long for a sale.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Most people wont pay a dime over 5 grand for a neon. Itll be extremely hard to find a buyer. Its better to put the car back to stock.

Reactions: jake1191

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've seen lots of SRT4s for sale in the last 4 months of searching for around $5 to $6k with all kinds of issues and people claiming they're clean so its probably worth a shot to try and sell. I ended up with a decently clean ACR for $4500 and under 100k miles and not a drop of rust. Its all just in finding the right buyer

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've seen lots of SRT4s for sale in the last 4 months of searching for around $5 to $6k with all kinds of issues and people claiming they're clean so its probably worth a shot to try and sell. I ended up with a decently clean ACR for $4500 and under 100k miles and not a drop of rust. Its all just in finding the right buyer
Very true. I searched for months before buying mine. I got a 04 74k miles stock as can be for $4500. He was asking 5500 but it needed tps wiring and iac wiring so I talked him down. Don't sell if you don't have to.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
^ I'm sure that's the price range, others don't want to sell at. Buyer's markets for everything right now!
The new Mustang looks good to me, best body style I've seen, rear end looks good.
And finally a powerful motor, without being supercharged, and beats Chevy V8, V6 models. Ford did great!

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I guess it's time for the viper.
Why? For 100+K U.S.D, I could pull a line up of cars that Trump that car!
Trying to understand your logic here, with that statement.
And selling a neon Srt4, won't even come close to a down payment lol.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
I've finally decided to sell mine too. Have had it since 10 miles on the odometer and for 13 years. I'll miss it but it's time to grow up. lol

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I thought about it for a little bit and between needing a motor rebuild and a paint job my car is worth maybe 2 grand. Meh I'll keep this garbage and get another 10 years out of it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Racerxv... is right, super buyers market right now! I've seen some prime examples at dealers for $5k. I wish I had more garage space so I can start hoarding these cars.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
I've finally decided to sell mine too. Have had it since 10 miles on the odometer and for 13 years. I'll miss it but it's time to grow up. lol
Why grow up?:grin:

Dang, original owners are dropping like flies.:frown: Cars too.:crying2:

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
car for sale

Whats next?
Well I have had my 68 charger just sitting for to long. SC intercooled big block, overdrive auto trans, done suspension, brakes, fuel etc.. Just need more $$$ to get this beast running and driving.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Not many of us left. I contemplated on selling mine too. But my car is paid for, runs great, has 53k miles...and overall in great condition.
Same position I am in, runs great for the most part, has 54k miles and paid for. However, I do think about selling it from time to time. Most newer cars do not interest me; so, I'll keep mine.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
car

I will say this, even at 24,400 miles, and what I have done to it, I don't think I am selling gold. I am also not going to give it away...

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I'm a 2004 OG owner bought with 8miles on it, I personally ripped the plastic off the carpet, and drove it from one dealer to the other where I bought it from. 50 mile drive just me and the SRT4. $21,600 with sunroof and 6% interest.

Was going to sell at one time two years into it for $17k. Glad I didn't, you will not find a better compact car.. Power,speed,stopping,handling,looks,sound and pure excitement. Smile every time I get in my ride, I'm more grown up than most here Big 40 now.. it's been 12years with the car Same motor over 100k miles.

Growing up has nothing to do with selling this car, it's financial problems plain and simple. The car gets 30mpg it's not a gas hog,parts are cheap,maintenance is cheap.
300Hp is easy more $$ will get you any Hp you can dream of.

Just picked up a 2016 Toyota van 3.5l (3 miles on it) $32,650 and 1.9% interest rate, I still won't sell the SRT4 NEON. Og's shouldn't sell and others should be buying these used. If I wasn't building a 1st gen and the SRT4, I would buy one more Srt4 Neon. $5K for this car is CHEAP!!!!!!!

Reactions: FLSRT-4

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm a 2004 OG owner bought with 8miles on it, I personally ripped the plastic off the carpet, and drove it from one dealer to the other where I bought it from. 50 mile drive just me and the SRT4. $21,600 with sunroof and 6% interest.

Was going to sell at one time two years into it for $17k. Glad I didn't, you will not find a better compact car.. Power,speed,stopping,handling,looks,sound and pure excitement. Smile every time I get in my ride, I'm more grown up than most here Big 40 now.. it's been 12years with the car Same motor over 100k miles.

Growing up has nothing to do with selling this car, it's financial problems plain and simple. The car gets 30mpg it's not a gas hog,parts are cheap,maintenance is cheap.
300Hp is easy more $$ will get you any Hp you can dream of.

Just picked up a 2016 Toyota van 3.5l (3 miles on it) $32,650 and 1.9% interest rate, I still won't sell the SRT4 NEON. Og's shouldn't sell and others should be buying these used. If I wasn't building a 1st gen and the SRT4, I would buy one more Srt4 Neon. $5K for this car is CHEAP!!!!!!!
I tried to by my buddy's that has 175k on it and he wouldn't budge. He said he would have to have 10k so he could buy another lol. He is the original owner of his as well. Had to find my srt elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts