Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was at the mall eariler and I was about to leave I start up the car and start to drive off. When I turn out of the parking space I notice my steering wheel starts jerking like I have no power steering. I repark the car and I see the belt was basically off and I look underneath the car and see a lot of oil on the bottom of the oil pan. So now my car is sitting at the south hill mall and I walked back to my apartment. I called into work and they are letting me take care of the car tomorrow. Just wondering if I can get a good deal at a shop or some help tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Ready247 owns a car hauler he should be able to hook you up, give me a minute I'm searching for his number.

Need a tow, need some equipment moved, run outa of gas? call me 253.579.4083 24 hour service
There you go :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I hope it's there in the morning. Down here they'll tow your car if you leave it in most parking lots overnight.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Hey Joe. Give Paul a call (Ready247) He's literally ready 24/7. See if he can hook it up tonight and park it somewhere. It's better than leaving it at the mall.

1-253-579-4083

Whoops, look like froggy already took care of ya. Sweet!

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Srt4Ronin said:
Hey Joe. Give Paul a call (Ready247) He's literally ready 24/7. See if he can hook it up tonight and park it somewhere. It's better than leaving it at the mall.

1-253-579-4083
Yea the big hate will find ya, give him a call.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well thanks for the number. My friend just helped me move the car from the mall to a tune up shop down the road from the mall. I'm going to see if they can get me a new belt and tensioner and see where the oil leak is coming from.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Zero46 said:
I hope it's there in the morning. Down here they'll tow your car if you leave it in most parking lots overnight.
At S. Hill mall I wouldn't be worried that they were going to tow it . . . I think it's more likely to get stolen! It's happened to me and three other people I know! But looks you got it out of there before that could happen!

evette

·
Registered
864 Posts
yeah im curious to see what happened too....hope the oil and the belt apart of the same problem because that just sounds like it could be a big problem

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got some bad news guys, it looks like when the belt came off it twisted a bracket and it ripped out a couple bolts from the block. When it did that I think it made a crack in the block so its leaking a lot of oil. Now I pretty much need a new engine

·
Registered
864 Posts
USAFsrt4 said:
I got some bad news guys, it looks like when the belt came off it twisted a bracket and it ripped out a couple bolts from the block. When it did that I think it made a crack in the block so its leaking a lot of oil. Now I pretty much need a new engine
:wah?!: :wah?!: what the...how the....why the...holy shit batman...damnit jim.:stab:

now for some reason that doesnt make sense to me because i would think that a belt would snap before ripping bolts out of a block. If that did happen that sucks ass..sorry to hear about that if you need anything i can get parts from dodge at cost

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
USAFsrt4 said:

S&P Racing sells a short block complete for I think and don't quote $899.00 bucks. PM Randy (Back-n-Black) or go to there website on the forum. Hell I'll do it for ya, hold on.

http://www.speedandpowerdevelopment.com/newsrt4.html

Don't forget to add shipping

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
srt4power1 said:
USAFsrt4 said:
:wah?!: :wah?!: what the...how the....why the...holy shit batman...damnit jim.:stab:

now for some reason that doesnt make sense to me because i would think that a belt would snap before ripping bolts out of a block. If that did happen that sucks ass..sorry to hear about that if you need anything i can get parts from dodge at cost
Yea man for reals. I don't doubt you, I would just like some more info because I've never heard anything of this sort.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Now that's what you call a catastrophic failure.:wah?!: I hope you get it all taken care of. That really sucks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts