Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This all started a few weeks ago. The car started randomly dying at stops and wouldn’t start back up without sitting for 10-30 minutes . Then one day the car started reading lean At wot. So I had a spare stock fuel canister I just swapped them over. That fixed my lean problem. But now the car will still randomly die at stops, and if I turn the car off and run into a store or something I have to come out and wait for it to start. It’s not throwing a single code. I can hear the fuel pump priming and everything. It’s only threw a code once which was yesterday. Was driving down the interstate, lost throttle response and threw codes for all cylinder misfire and two codes for coil. I fixed that I found a short in the cam sensor. Car still is acting up. Will die at stops and won’t start back up without sitting.... im lost. It seems like the car will cool down some and boom start right up. Would the upstream o2 cause an issue like this?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also would like to add the fuel canister I swapped had a modded fpr on it. The one with the extra washers and the plate. I guess it was made by ptp or someone at some point.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And for some reason I can’t be edit my post. The car never had an issue starting up after I turned I told off before I changed the pump.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
BrothaGrimm,

Regarding the engine randomly dying at a stop or cutting out for a moment while driving. The wideband showed momentary rich spikes as the engine miss-fired.

A fresh NTK upper O2 sensor fixed the issue.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven’t been able to get the car to just die while idling in the driveway. It seems it dying at a stop is completely random. I have an 03 fuel rail I need to install to test the pressure though

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you checked the fuel pressure? Can you duplicate in your driveway?
BrothaGrimm,

Regarding the engine randomly dying at a stop or cutting out for a moment while driving. The wideband showed momentary rich spikes as the engine miss-fired.

A fresh NTK upper O2 sensor fixed the issue.
Ok so I tried a new o2 sensor no luck still the same issue. No start after shutting the car off after a drive. Car will fire up if I try to start immediately after shutting it off. But if I wait a few minutes it’s a no go. I’m going to try and test the fuel pressure tomorrow. Anything specific I should look for?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pressure should be 58PSI constant.
Pressure should be 58PSI constant.
*SHOULD* but if he has a modded FPR it will be higher.

just a thought... but when was the last time you cleaned the throttlebody/IAC...?
I cleaned those multiple times thinking it was it. I found the problem though. The fpr that was in the canister was for a returnline setup. So basically my car had endless amounts of fuel pressure. I swapped the regulator out for a stock one and it fixed all my issues, afrs, stumbling, decel, starting up after sitting.

·
Premium Member
3,703 Posts
I cleaned those multiple times thinking it was it. I found the problem though. The fpr that was in the canister was for a returnline setup. So basically my car had endless amounts of fuel pressure. I swapped the regulator out for a stock one and it fixed all my issues, afrs, stumbling, decel, starting up after sitting.
i'm pretty sure i saw those pictures in one of the facebook groups. Glad you got it figured out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

i'm pretty sure i saw those pictures in one of the facebook groups. Glad you got it figured out.
Yeah you probably did. I wasn’t exactly for sure about the fpr, until I posted it and they confirmed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts