Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the other day i was driving and decided to get on it a little. i downshift into 2nd and give it hell. but about 5000-5500rpms the car just stops pulling all together and it sounds like the engine is dead after a little bit of a whistling noise. i shift into 3rd and it comes back on but then does the same thing. when this happens it doesn't pop, backfire or anything, it's just stalls out or something. last night it didn't do it when it was cool out but it has done it all day today. i noticed that when the guy installed my nitrous bottle in my trunk he drilled a whole in the wrong spot in the spare tire well and it went into that plastic thing with all the wires and plugs behind the passenger rear wheel. what is that thing and could that be my problem? it did not do this at all until the bottle was put in, that was all that was done with the nitrous, no lines ran or wiring done just the bottle put in the trunk. please help. ill post some pics of the hole and the part i am talking about. you can clearly see the hole in the plastic.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes i do, it's a cheap one off ebay. it get's pretty weak when it get warm. i'll get a new one and see. good call man, i'll start there and let you know what happens. keep the ideas coming

·
Registered
959 Posts
alright man good luck with it. i bet that's your problem. get a stronger elbow, and check it out. with the high amount of air being sucked into your turbo at those rpm's the cheap elbow can collapse like a vaccuum effect and therefore you would get the effects you are talking about.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, i'm back and boostin' 20psi with no problems. it was the elbow. i started the car yesterday and reved it at the tb and saw the elbow just pancaked shut at 5k rpms. now she's back on the road and hunting mustangs and camaros again. thanks

·
Registered
959 Posts
d4racing said:
well, i'm back and boostin' 20psi with no problems. it was the elbow. i started the car yesterday and reved it at the tb and saw the elbow just pancaked shut at 5k rpms. now she's back on the road and hunting mustangs and camaros again. thanks
Hey man, No problem. Glad to be of some help to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts