Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so tired tonight from trying to take the heat shield bolts off.

I got the Kinetic WGA a couple days ago, and would like to install it.

I was able to loosen 2 bolts, the one on the far left, closest to the front, and the one in the middle closest to the front.

I've tried to loosen the other 2 towards the back, but no luck.

I Sprayed WD-40 all over them. Still no luck.

Anyone have any tips? I can't seem to get the leverage to get the stupid things out! :stab:

Also, how the heck do you get to the far right one by the BOV/WGA?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
296 Posts
use a wrench and pull...a few curse words should help...for real tho ive got some big ass hands and could only get 2 fingers on it...just keep at it

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
racheting wrences are your friend. Also get a little heat into the manifold by running the car for a little while. Not too long or it will burn you.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
WD-40 sucks for a penatrant. Get some PB Blaster! The bolts for the heatshield can be a Bi*ch, just keep at her.

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
Ya what a pain in the ass.

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
Here is what I was told and it worked.

Ya PB blaster the only way to go, spray it on wait 15 minutes or so, and ONLY use a 6 point socket as they bite better. A 12 point will guarantee stripping. Also it is a good I dea to try and tighten first, this will break it loose and then u can loosen. This is how they told me on here how to do it when I asked the same question.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I used a steel hollow pipe that went over the wrench handle, you only need to move it a bit to break that initial bond, then it will go easier. You need leverage or the handle extension like a lead pipe also...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts