Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a baby in a little under a month. My wife has been hinting at selling my car and getting something more "family" friendly. About a month ago I posted it on craigslist. I got a couple bites, but couldn't stand the thought of anyone test driving it. I took down the post. I couldn't bring myself to sell it. The wife drives a honda CRV, so it's not like we don't already have a "family" car. Today I messaged my brother in law, who is looking into buying an eclipse if he wanted to buy my car. Before he responded I changed my mind. I just think that if I sell this car I will regret it in the future. I just love driving it everyday.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
You will, that's the reason I still own mine that I bought new. IMO I would keep it and just get another family friendly car. I also have 2 kids.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Ditto. Do NOT sell it if your wife already has a CR-V. Absolutely not necessary.

Also... it's not a friggin' two-seater. A car seat fits fine in the back -- I did that for years when my daughter was growing up. Best of all -- guess which car will put a cranky baby to sleep faster? Yes, the SRT-4, with all the rumbles and pops will likely help your baby conk out in a hurry. Worked for me.

Obviously, you will drive slow and carefully when baby is in the car. However, an empty baby seat also adds to that sleeper look. Used to get some badass pull up next to me at the stoplight, ready to run, then he sees the baby seat and starts laughing. Light turns green and his laughter turns to shocked disbelief as I pull two car lengths on him. :lol:

Keep it!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
silliness.. lots of people own neon's and raise families

spin it.. we don't want a car payment right now.. all those baby expenses, wink

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
silliness.. lots of people own neon's and raise families

spin it.. we don't want a car payment right now.. all those baby expenses, wink
Especially the Car payment. Since when is a 4 door car not family friendly?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Seems that most srt4 guys I meet are in the same boat: wanting a family car that still is fun/affordable. Seems to be the regular now with these cars.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
What exhaust do you have? That would be my only concern. My lady was like "WTF this thing hurts my ears! You can't put a kid back there! If this was a workplace you would be required ear plugs. " Its fine around town but on the highway going uphill it gets ridiculous. Instead of getting a quieter exhaust get a side exit. The cabin is dead silent with a side exit.
Can't put a baby in a vette... Gosh guess I have to keep the neon:lol:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Haha glad I don't have a wife or kids. Don't do it, you will forever miss your srt. I've let too many good vehicles slip thru my hands and it eats at ya.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have no issues with the SRT I just recently got and my small child. She just turned a year before christmas and the space in the SRT is about equal to that in my 2013 WRX. Before you know it the little one will be front facing so even less room required

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have no issues with the SRT I just recently got and my small child. She just turned a year before christmas and the space in the SRT is about equal to that in my 2013 WRX. Before you know it the little one will be front facing so even less room required
My wife drives our two boys around all the time with no problems. They are 10 and 12 and sometimes we have a 5th, full-grown person in the back with them, so it's plenty of space unless you have crap all over the place.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I use to drive with my daughter in the back seat too, now she is two and I just had a baby boy, my wife told me to sell the srt and get a minivan i told her suuuuuure.

Bought a 2014 town and country hand her the keys and told her not to suggest selling the neon ever again lol.

I still drive aroung with the car seat in the back

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Hyundai Santa Fe is a family ride, we are looking at 3rd row option.
Srt4 is my toy, not for children.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What exhaust do you have? That would be my only concern. My lady was like "WTF this thing hurts my ears! You can't put a kid back there! If this was a workplace you would be required ear plugs. " Its fine around town but on the highway going uphill it gets ridiculous. Instead of getting a quieter exhaust get a side exit. The cabin is dead silent with a side exit.
Can't put a baby in a vette... Gosh guess I have to keep the neon:lol:
I have the DC sport exhaust, it's pretty loud. I have trouble leaving work early now, because everyone in the office can hear me when I try to sneak out. Hoping my baby boy will find it as soothing as I do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts