Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently started hearing a squeaking from belts. just today as I'm inspecting everything I notice the timing belt looks more floppy then I remember , and the serptine tensioner I re used during rebuild . that's the squeak noise but the timing belt also seems oddly loose looking .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
recently started hearing a squeaking from belts. just today as I'm inspecting everything I notice the timing belt looks more floppy then I remember , and the serptine tensioner I re used during rebuild . that's the squeak noise but the timing belt also seems oddly loose looking .
That does look loose.

Set the timing and check it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That does look loose.

Set the timing and check it.

yeah a little pissed , cars for sale and I was just making sure it's safe to drive . and I I slept the car regularly , but this sucks at least I caught it in time . so tomorrow I'll try and tackle it. have to literally take every mount off and that big ass cast bracket to get the the tensioner .

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
yeah a little pissed , cars for sale and I was just making sure it's safe to drive . and I I slept the car regularly , but this sucks at least I caught it in time . so tomorrow I'll try and tackle it. have to literally take every mount off and that big ass cast bracket to get the the tensioner .
I pull the passenger side mounts and jack the motor up. but others use 2 jacks and a strap and pull all of the mounts. seen it done both ways.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I pull the passenger side mounts and jack the motor up. but others use 2 jacks and a strap and pull all of the mounts. seen it done both ways.

all I know is it's gonna be cold and damp out tomorrow , and that seems to be the recepy for this car and timing related things , 4 times know and always in the same weather .

if it was sunny I would still bitch that its to hot , I'm hard to please I guess .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts