Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just recently became very interested in using Nitrous in my SRT-4. However, I'm not very familiar with Nitrous (Yes, I know I have to do a lot of research before I use it ..) so I'm not sure on what to really get. Yes I have searched and have about 10 threads saved but they're not specific enough for me ..

First things first, what do I need on my car to prepare me for Nitrous? I know I need to get a full exhaust and an Intake of some sort to help breath better, but anything else? If I need to upgrade my fuel system, can someone point me in the right direction for that one .. Also, I know a Wideband O2 Sensor would be perfect for this and for anything, even besides Nitrous, so I might look into that too.

Secondly, the type of kit. I heard Direct-Port Injection allows you to run a bigger shot, safer - but it's more expensive. I would gladly save up more for this situation so I guess I'd want that. As far as everything else, I'm a newbie. What's the best site with the biggest product selection of preferably NX Products? I want to run atleast a 75-shot.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You,
Chris.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I'm looking for a set-up that's easy to install and un-install .. So that if I have to take my car to the dealer I could take it off without taking the weekend. I don't know if you can do that with direct-port injection - but I may be wrong, that's where you all come in. Lol.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump guys, I'm really excited to join the Nitrous Club, I just need some help ..

·
SRTforums Youngun
959 Posts
Go to Nitrous Express' website and order a wet kit, direct port injection. Run 50 shot jets, until you get the hang of everything, then slowly move your jetting up to around either 75 or 100. In the FAQ theres a big chunk i wrote about nitrous. Spend some extra money and get the thing to a dyno and check your mixtures, and all other readings. Don't get greedy, and dont go over a 100 on the stock fuel system.

·
Registered
271 Posts
IF you want to go big, you need direct port...which normally requires drilling into the intake manifold. There is a new technology from NOS called the NOSzle sytem in which the injector plugs into a hat, which plugs into the intake. As far as fooling your dealer into keeping your warranty with N20, I've -heard- that the stuff that they sell nitrous with to stop people from inhaling it causes engine deposits that can be a dead giveaway (unless you plan to use medical grade n2o).
Other than a n2o kit itself, you will want a colder range spark plug (1 range for every 50hp), something to retard the timing (1 degree per 50hp), a higher flow fuel pump (I'm guessing it would be wise at the 60-75hp mark), and if you run a dry system, something to address the possible fuel starvation (like bigger injectors or FPR)
I wouldn't recommend a dry kit for a turbo application, and wet kits are bad because our intake manifolds aren't designed to carry an air/fuel mixture, so puddling and backfire can occur. Direct port is safest, but most kits require you to start at 75hp on 4 bangers, and you wouldn't want to go smaller since jets that small get clogged to easily (a clogged fuel jet w/ an open n2o jet is a recipe for disaster)

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GTTechnics said:
IF you want to go big, you need direct port...which normally requires drilling into the intake manifold. There is a new technology from NOS called the NOSzle sytem in which the injector plugs into a hat, which plugs into the intake. As far as fooling your dealer into keeping your warranty with N20, I've -heard- that the stuff that they sell nitrous with to stop people from inhaling it causes engine deposits that can be a dead giveaway (unless you plan to use medical grade n2o).
Other than a n2o kit itself, you will want a colder range spark plug (1 range for every 50hp), something to retard the timing (1 degree per 50hp), a higher flow fuel pump (I'm guessing it would be wise at the 60-75hp mark), and if you run a dry system, something to address the possible fuel starvation (like bigger injectors or FPR)
I wouldn't recommend a dry kit for a turbo application, and wet kits are bad because our intake manifolds aren't designed to carry an air/fuel mixture, so puddling and backfire can occur. Direct port is safest, but most kits require you to start at 75hp on 4 bangers, and you wouldn't want to go smaller since jets that small get clogged to easily (a clogged fuel jet w/ an open n2o jet is a recipe for disaster)
You have to drill into the intake manifold for a direct-port? So you're saying if I ever wanted to un-install the Nitrous system, I'd have these 4 holes leaking air or something?

And I don't know why you say wet kits are bad, there's plenty of people on these boards running 75-100 shot wet kits, most not even direct port, and running 115-120 mph traps.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Puddling will only occour due to spraying too large of a wet shot, I would n't be concerned until 100+ shot w/ puddling, I NEVER had a problem w/ a 75 shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts