Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have stock boost levels at all. MODS are AGP WGA, S2 no toys, W/I and SAFC. After I installed my iceman intake just recently I noticed how in the way those damn pesky soleniods and vac lines, they seem like all there doing now is just leeking boost so, can rip them off and burn them? I basicly still have all of them intacked exept I'm running green line now.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Do you want brakes?

Would you like your gas tank to pressurize?

NO.

TJ

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TJ1376 said:
Do you want brakes?

Would you like your gas tank to pressurize?

NO.

TJ
so basicly your saying i can just rip them off :thumbsup: did'nt no that brakes and gas tank did that with airbox soleniods and vac lines?

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
19 psi said:
so basicly your saying i can just rip them off :thumbsup: did'nt no that brakes and gas tank did that with airbox soleniods and vac lines?
No.

Im saying DONT rip them off.

Unless you don't want brakes, want your fuel tank to pressurize, etc etc so forth.

There are some you can remove. But there are some you also need to keep.

TJ

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TJ1376 said:
There are some you can remove. But there are some you also need to keep.

TJ
which ones/colors are we taking about keeping, cuz Ive seen many people rip them all off and throw them away exept for red line and maybe white line and there cars are fine and probly holding boost better than mine to.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
No one has ripped all their lines out....You can remove the vac lines from your seleniod only. Not all your other ones. Black, Blue, Pink, Red and Green are what I have removed. The only one I've kept is the white

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
^^What did you do with the vac lines coming off the back of the manifold?

TJ

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I ripped out all my lines on the solenoid...and everything is fine...didnt cap anything on the solenoid, except where the red line connects to the hardpipe...I capped that and zip tied it on...other than that all that I have on the solenoid is a white one that goes to the TIP sensor in the drivers side fender...thats it tho...

As far as brakes go...there thinking of something totally different...theres 2 vacuum lines, and where the factory boost gauge get there signal from. It's way in the back against the firewall...its actually the brake booster I believe...yea I ziptied those in place cuz I lost pressure to my brakes once and I had to stop from 80 with my e-brake...and that was NOT fun...

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
why even leave the white one? if you're killing it's source from the red line, it's just more BS in the engine bay. if you cap the red line, just take it and the white line out completely lol

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
all lines riiped out hmmm.. has anyone noticed immediate boost spike or way faster boost response after removing vac lines? I'm close and closer everyday to ripping all the soleniod vac lines out! I suppose there only there to aid with the stock WGA and boost levels for everyday driving, but those days are long gone for me so I wondered if I need any of them anymore...... and TJ and others, i would never remove any of the hoses that go back by the brakes.

what does just red line do anyway?

·
Registered
284 Posts
No, if you take out all the vac. lines it will not yield a spike or faster spool. Actually it will spool slower on part throttle which will give you less PTB. At WOT I haven't noticed any more lag though. I'm not sure if since the PCM can't read boost anymore if it is pulling a lot of timing or not though, I want to get one of those scan gauges so I can check this theory.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
speaking of ripping out lines, anyone have the Black and Green lines in good condition i can get for cheap

·
Registered
284 Posts
td1042k said:
speaking of ripping out lines, anyone have the Black and Green lines in good condition i can get for cheap
Not sure why you would need them. You can just use regular vacuum line. Unless it is so you can take it into the dealership.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Srt-power said:
Not sure why you would need them. You can just use regular vacuum line. Unless it is so you can take it into the dealership.
I would really like to know where you find vac line that big.

TJ

·
Registered
284 Posts
I believe it is 1/4 vac line. That's what I used when I rerouted my vac lines, ripped out all of the stock lines and just used the 1/4 line from store.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have'nt looked yet but can all lines come off the throttle body area? for whatever reason

1 - 20 of 31 Posts