Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a wideband on the way to me and i was wondering if i could ziptie the stocker out of the way ... and replace with my stocker... im running no cat and have stage 1.... Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
987 Posts
im4unv81 did this for awhile but he got a check engine code.....so you can but it will light up...just get a nut from acehardware and have it welded on...thats wat i did..

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
I haven't gotten a code w/ stage II this way.

·
Registered
802 Posts
i was wondering the same thing. it should work and with stage 1 even better you get a CEL. let us know how it works, LOL.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
guess il have to try it :)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
how accurate is the O2 sensor further away from the manifold? i thought it had to be right after it...or in the O2 housing

·
Registered
802 Posts
lets think about it logically. stage 1 does not read downstream o2 sensor. if the wideband sensor fits we should be in business. im getting the o2 cell now cause im not running a cat, so it wouldnt hurt me much. i just wanna make sure im getting an accurate reading u know.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont think it matters how far downstream it is i mean like all dynoshops use a wideband probe at the tailpipe .. as long as you dont have any huge exhaust leaks i dont think it will matter ... now Exhaust gas temp probes you want as close as possible

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MaxxdOutSRT4 said:
lets think about it logically. stage 1 does not read downstream o2 sensor. if the wideband sensor fits we should be in business. im getting the o2 cell now cause im not running a cat, so it wouldnt hurt me much. i just wanna make sure im getting an accurate reading u know.

stage 1 DOES read it it just doesnt measure it for engine timing/fuel controll... was wondering if it would get upset if it wasnt in the exhaust...

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
or just pay to have another 02 bung welded in. if you alread spent at least 150 on a wideband setup then why do it right.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea i guess i can pull out my test pipe at the muffler shop

·
Registered
802 Posts
if stage 1 did read the second o2 sensor, then why is it that stage 1 users dont get cels when they run no cat.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MaxxdOutSRT4 said:
if stage 1 did read the second o2 sensor, then why is it that stage 1 users dont get cels when they run no cat.
it reads it just doesnt measure it in conjuction with the other

·
Registered
170 Posts
The down steam O2 sensor is only used on OBDII cars to determine if the cat is working. If the readings are the same as the upstream then the cat is faulty and you get a CEL. This is why you should not use a probe after the cat for any tuning or monitoring. Most companies offer the option for additional bungs in down pipes or even manifolds for this particular reason.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
would anyboddy happen to know if i can just buy a wideband sensor and just a gauge? or do we need the controller unit as well?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Accuracy is the issue. Unlike the big O2 sensors used in the dyno shops, the aftermarket ones and the O2 sensor needs to be mounted as close to the exhaust turbine as possible. Accuracy is the key here. I relocated my O2 sensor for my LM-1 5 inches lower below the flex pipe and it change the accuracy by .3 points. I found that the best place to locate a bung is right below the collector between the O2 housing and the Downpipe

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hopper said:

Why dont people just tell him the Right way to do it with THIS Product?

If you read it has a NARROWBAND adn yoru wide band outputs on the PLX controller. You should beable to pull your FIRST O2 adn replace it with the PLX unit you get and then run the Narrowband output back to the Stock O2 harness for its readings....

Then You dont have to do this that or the other... Thats the great thing with the PLX units over the AEM!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
the AEM UEGO controller does the same thing and I paid $3 less than that.

but you are right...people need to realize that zip tying a 700+ degree sensor to your underbody is a bad thing. There are ways of doing it much safer..

C

1 - 20 of 27 Posts