Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I figured I would ask if anyone put anything other than tweeters in the stock dash location...

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
ponchonutty said:
Actually I'm thinking no. On one of the locations there is the heater/ac duct that I think those would hit.
really??? seems like those might be the same size as stockers but obviously i dont know the dimensions of them so i cant really say much

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
seems like those might be the same size as stockers but obviously i dont know the
the stock IP speakers are 1.25" tweeters in a 3.5" frame, so they're pretty small. That said, I've put the 3.5" dash speakers from an '06 Durango in my SRT-4, and they fit fine. By my eye, the 3.5"s you posted look to be roughly the same size, so there's a chance they'll fit fine.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok this Sat I am headin up to give them a test fit I will let yall know how it turns out if they dont fit and I cant find some 3.5's that will I guess I will go the tweeter route or keep the stockers.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Having torn apart my SRT's dash before...one word of advice...be careful ith the dash cover and the A pillars. You SHOULD spend some time taking the dash cover off. The pillars need to come off first and be put on last. Remember to plug the boost gauge back in.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the store didnt have them in stock so I went with some tweets....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts