Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you can tell me what HOM is and what it does i would greatly appreciate it...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
901 Posts
First use the search button if you still need help then post up. Its High Octane Mode.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh aight then thanks....

·
Premium Member
2,200 Posts
its stands for High Octane Mode I belive. Stage 2 With "toys" as well as stage 3 with 'toys' has this option as well as two others. I belive you press the button when you add race gas and it let the PCM know.

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
High Octane Mode.
It's part of the Turbo Toys setup option for Mopar Stage 2 or STage 3.

It adds 10 degrees of timing, but you need to run 100 octane

·
Premium Member
2,200 Posts
jyndrus90 said:
First use the search button if you still need help then post up. Its High Octand Mode.
give the guy a break he just joined.

* Being cool to the new guys is gonna take us one step closer to people not thinking were ALL dicks*

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahh ic ic so that sux then since i only got Mopar S1 then...but good to know...how can i get the upgrades tho?

·
Premium Member
2,200 Posts
its been done before but Im not sure what is involved in adding it to a stage 1. You can however sell your stage 1 and buy a stage 2 w/ toys. Or just sell your stage 1 and wait for the SCT flash. Then you can advance timing whenever you want.

·
Registered
901 Posts
lmag said:
ahh ic ic so that sux then since i only got Mopar S1 then...but good to know...how can i get the upgrades tho?
Just go to like Modern Performances website and they have all the staged upgrades. Or go to SP.

·
Registered
901 Posts
sxt4 said:
jyndrus90 said:
First use the search button if you still need help then post up. Its High Octand Mode.
give the guy a break he just joined.

* Being cool to the new guys is gonna take us one step closer to people not thinking were ALL dicks*

Oh Yea.:clap:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol thanks....but for sure i will check it out...so its not even worth keeping my S1 is it? specially if i wana go more power....

·
Registered
901 Posts
No s1 perfectly good for power. You can just slap on a 50 trim and some fuel and tune and you'll have power with s1.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
where does a mapclamp go to? like i said sorry new to this forum and srt-4's for that matter....

·
Registered
901 Posts
The mapclamp goes to the MAP sensor. It sends a different voltage to the pcm tricking it to make it think for example ur running 14 psi instead of 16 and it gives less fuel. All mopar stages run pig rich thats why people want to lean them out to get the power that can be achieved from this. Hope this helps. anyone correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks...i heard mixed reviews from it tho...is it safe?

·
Registered
671 Posts
lmag said:
thanks...i heard mixed reviews from it tho...is it safe?

If you want safe and reliable power without having to worry about tuning, stick to just the mopar staged upgrades. If you know what you're doing and want to tune, then start looking into aftermarket upgrades.

·
Registered
548 Posts
jyndrus90 said:

Search wont show any responses for words three letters and under...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts