Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying for 2 days now to get my timing lined up and I can’t figure it out every time it’s like a tooth or half a tooth off stock cam gears Bc stage 2 cams
I have the dcr cam fixture tool but when I put it on and get the marks perfect the belt literally just won’t line up with the gears. What am I doing wrong? If I get adjustable cam gears will it make it easier? And yes this is the timing marks with the bottom at tdc

Attachments

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Your timing belt setting will be correct if you install 1/4" pins (1/4" drills, 1/4" bar) into the cam holes (between cylinder 1 and 2 lobes) and the pins are perpendicular to the valve cover gasket surface as the crank is at TDC.
The cam gears will always be off my a half a tooth when correct, when using the pins it is much easier to see that the timing is right.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
mark intake & exhaust cam to belt (white marker), remove belt from the water pump; then remove it from the intake cam.. slide it 1 over on the exhaust cam

what i do.
install it on the intake cam & get that right, "turn back" the intake cam with a socket wrench just a hair, align the belt on the intake... tighten up (take slack out of belt, crank-exhaust-intake) the intake .. .get a straight edge between cam bolt centers... once that looks good install it on the waterpump and tighten the adjuster ... if that looks good. turn the motor (via crank bolt) 2 rev's and recheck ..
good luck.. you'll get it

·
Premium Member
4,768 Posts
The cam fixture tool cannot be used unless you have adjustable gears.

Reactions: lilviper
1 - 4 of 4 Posts