Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was recently requested that we add a list of volunteers who are willing to help out with member's questions. If you think you'd be interested in helping out, please reply and include your area of specialty. I will condense the list to include your forum name and area of expertise so when someone has a question, they know who to ask. I'll also add a disclaimer saying none of the volunteers are paid experts and it would be wise to seek a second opinion before modifying your car according to their instructions. Thanks for your help.

To enhance this idea a little more. After volunteers are listed and they start answering questions, it would be helpful for the volunteer to pm me the question and answer and I can make up a FAQ post with questions and answers. That way, people don't ask the same question twice. Just an idea.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Nick aka Boostedneonsrt4
Car Audio- Installed many a system in neons, rangers, corollas, V-Dubs.
Im good with the technical stuff, not so much as the speaker choice......good rule of thumb in car audio........you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Hector

General Master Jedi:
Tawkin smack (NY accent).

Master Jedi:
Avionics, Aircraft systems,
exhaust.

Jedi:
Turbos, perfomance products, alarms.

Padawan Trainer:
Taking out the garbage.

Padawan Learner:

Knowing the right answer to a womens question that prevents
your head from getting chewed.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Dustin AKA BMXfreak

Family owns body shop. I work in the shop as a repair Tech, so i know how to get stuff apart/fix/diagnose. I have yet to fix a SRT-4 (hopefully i wont have too....hate to see one wrecked), but since i fix cars everyday i have a good knowlege off them

My best friend went to installation school for pro-caraudio, and i've helped him design\install many systems, I'm pretty good there also.

Unfortunatly i dont own a srt-4...but come June i should. Once i get mine, i will be going all through that Biatch, learnin all i can about it

·
Registered
867 Posts
James Ford a.k.a Acidryno

I will not call myself an expert or know-it-all. I am a craftsman and I know-a-lot.
I've worked on Aircraft for over 10 years now. Everything from the jet engines to the flight avionics to flight surfaces to fuel systems and all the equipment used for flight testing. As for as landbased vehicals; I have swapped engines! From 283 to a 350 in a 70 C-10 to a 350 to a 454 in a 64 Malibu. A 93 Probe J-spec (KL-03 to KL-ZE)install, a SVO rebuild, 396 build and transplant, some B16s modding, A total 4G63T rebuild, Buick V6 to a V8 (350). so on and so on. I have a small shop off the side of my house and it is open to all but know it all - A$$HOLES.

If I don't know something, I WILL TELL YOU.
I can not paint for the life of me! And as far as exhaust and welding - you better find someone else.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Joel...aka....nighcore
Service Advisor at Five Star Dealership. I can help with technical things and with insider news as much as possible.
I can also schedule anyone an appointment for repair work of oil changes if you don't mind driving to Ohio. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
master ase certified tech,also work parts counter at five star dealer for nine years.I have many other resources body,welding and fab can be done locally.peace out

·
Registered
16 Posts
Brian - I work at a Dodge dealership, and can answer your questions regarding purchasing, as well as the BusinessLink Department. I can also get parts at invoice or close to it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have been a long time member of both the neons.org and Turbododge.com message boards. I currently own a 2k Neon and a '90 Dodge Spirt 2.5t. I am an active drag racer and have picked up quite a bit of info about both of these Mopar machines. I am also a computer tech so I can usually answer any tech related questions as well. If you have a specific question pm me or e-mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i do car audio :)
i'm also a big computer enthusiast! need help hosting your SRT pics and vids? I'm no mechanic but i have learned quite a lot about cars from owning my own (duh) and from gathering info from these boards.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
wow...looks like we have a close knit range of skills outside of cars...i will redundantly add my stuff to the list.

anything audio. home theater, car, and pro/theater alike. DJ'ed professionally and as a hobby through college, minor in theater audio design, worked for Purdue University's theater tech department, have done sound from small stage productions to Bob Dylan concerts. did custom stuff in lotsa cars, and fiberglassed a sub enclosure into my 1st gen's spare tire well. had a guide with step by step photos but no longer have that website space.

anything computers. i'm a geek. its my job. i SHOULD have hosting space soon, will put up said guide as well as host whatever you people may need.

like people said above, im not a mechanic. learned a lot from my dad, who has built hotrods. i can fix things and upgrade things. i have not rebuilt an engine, and i cant tell you what size injectors you need for a certain boost level, but i know my theories. i guess i'm a weekend tuner but my profile wont say so for a little while :wink: i love my pain-in-the-ass neon, but i just love cars and potential for more power in general.

i also like to build pretty much anything and do stuff myself, and it usually turns out pretty well even if its the first time. prolly comes from growing up with Lego's.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
oh yea im a detailer at a 5 star dealership(and i dont know the first thing about using a buffer lol go figure) any car care products get from meguires, they are the stuff, and yes its worth the extra money. i have personal experience with thier gold class line of stuff. also turtle wax color cure will work wonders on older paint jusy my extra .02

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
SilverBullet

SRT-4 driver
Know nothing about it.
Graphx...like Ryan Autry sig which is enhanced

*...looks around...sits on the floor...closes eyes...*

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
SilverBullet said:
and, oh yeah....my AVATAR qualifies me!!! :twisted:
Who is that on your avatar?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Chris AKA Digichris
Currently Studying Mechanical Engineering(know way to many equations) work as a Technician and have rebuilt many engines. Have started projects in Cam design and piping design. Have a strong knowledge of Car audio after working for Circuit city and Sound advice Installing. Extremely rational and well versued in Technical Problem solving. Hope I can help.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
34 Participants
chubz
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing