Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the known differences between the CA and Federal-spec emission SRT-4s? CA seems to always have "extra" stuff the rest of the country doesn't... anyone know what in the case of the SRT-4?

Are the CA cars penalized any ponies or torque due to some sort of emissions stuff? Are all SRT-4s sold in CA... "CA" spec emissions (sounds like a stupid question)?

Since SRT-4s are in both FL and CA... I'm hoping some will know.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Good question....however, I think Dodge would just make every car meet CA emission standards....seems like it would be easier. Then again, I know for motorcycles they lower the red line, and add emissions junk on the exhausts for cycles going to CA(at least on sportbikes).

·
Registered
113 Posts
The SRT4's that I saw had no mention of any CA emissions package as was displayed on my Window sticker of my 2003 Mazda.
Under the car there is exactly one cat! Then a straight pipe to the dual outlets. Well it also has two resonators.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I know a few years back (two maybe?) The plant here had two different emissions codes, federal and cali. Then, they combined the two and now they just have US emissions. I don't know if the federal gov't stepped their emissions up to Cali standards, or if DCX decided to keep all cars Cali compliant.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I believe you guys are right. I asked with question to a SRT-4 dealer in California and here was his reply:

To my knowledge, there is no difference in what we are receiving in California and what the other states will eventually receive in the way of emission restrictions. (The car has a label reflecting both federal & Calif. emissions certification.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
ripcuda
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing