1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
546 Posts
well looks like they are going to have to persue me, im not gonna loose my car willingly and sence the law used to be a felony here i dont know anymore got out of the culture and havent checked up ive got way too much to loose to stop. etl

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Yea there is gonna be some knarley chases now. But what im wondering is can they legally do that to a car that is finaced or has a lien on it? Wonder how many lawsuits will arise from this happening. And from what i was reading the other day Cali,texas and florida are the three biggest streetrcing capitals so no telling what will happen. No matter what they do they will never get rid of street racing all they are going to do is scare the posers and ricers off,but the hardcore racers will still thrive. Personnally they need to open some state owned 24/7 drag strips and that might help a little more if they are cheap and or free to get iin IMO and that would help everyone:readclose

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
They don't crush cars caught racing. It's cars they catch racing that have stolen parts such as motors and transmissions.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Zero46 said:
They don't crush cars caught racing. It's cars they catch racing that have stolen parts such as motors and transmissions.
Just cause a motor is swapped doesnt mean it stolen or it doesnt have a reciept for it,ive seen that so many times on news documentaries where the cops like " oh this is a differant engine and oh this part here is differant so it must be stolen" pffft Fools

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
King Cobra said:
well looks like they are going to have to persue me, im not gonna loose my car willingly and sence the law used to be a felony here i dont know anymore got out of the culture and havent checked up ive got way too much to loose to stop. etl
When I got arrested about a month ago for it, I was given a Class B misdemeanor. It depends on the circumstances what it is. Like location (highway, city, residential), if anyone got hurt, etc.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
wonderer876 said:
Zero46 said:
Just cause a motor is swapped doesnt mean it stolen or it doesnt have a reciept for it,ive seen that so many times on news documentaries where the cops like " oh this is a differant engine and oh this part here is differant so it must be stolen" pffft Fools

true.. but alot of the honda's that are rolling around do have stolen b18, b16, b20 blocks in them.. not to mentioned the rims and interior's that are normally stolen too and i see more honda's getting caught street racing just becaz there are more out there... i see alot more cars with stolen parts on them then i do with legit parts.. but i agree there are gonna be some hella big lawsuits!!!

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
How about this? DON'T STREET RACE!!! then ya don't hafta worry about getting pulled over. I was stationed in San Diego for almost 4 years and the cops will and do profile sport compact cars. In other words they are already looking at this crowd to do something stupid so dont give them reason to pull you.

The very 1st night I had my SRT-4 I got paced for a good mile or so. This was on my way home from the dealership.

What I would be scared of is this: Say you pay to get your swap done at a shop. Say that swap is dirty and sold you a dirty B series motor, then what? I guess ya better have all receipts to prove what ya paid for.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Rhunter said:
How about this? DON'T STREET RACE!!! then ya don't hafta worry about getting pulled over. I was stationed in San Diego for almost 4 years and the cops will and do profile sport compact cars. In other words they are already looking at this crowd to do something stupid so dont give them reason to pull you.

The very 1st night I had my SRT-4 I got paced for a good mile or so. This was on my way home from the dealership.

What I would be scared of is this: Say you pay to get your swap done at a shop. Say that swap is dirty and sold you a dirty B series motor, then what? I guess ya better have all receipts to prove what ya paid for.

very good point!

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Rhunter said:
How about this? DON'T STREET RACE!!! then ya don't hafta worry about getting pulled over.
that would be nice in a perfect world. i don't street race. never have in my srt. but i still get pulled over and accused of it. i had some cop pull me over and try to tell me i was racing a 70 year old man in a taurus. i never went above 40mph. still ended up with an exhaust ticket even after i told him that i had no freaking clue what he was talking about. he kept insisting that i was "racing that silver car that was with you". i told him that i had three cars with me, a white tc a eblue srt and rocco in his baby blue aveo beater. they pulled into the lot with me when i got pulled over and he saw them. still told me i was racing.

so the whole "don't street race and you won't get in trouble for it" thing doesn't really work very well at times.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
psi chick said:
that would be nice in a perfect world. i don't street race. never have in my srt. but i still get pulled over and accused of it. i had some cop pull me over and try to tell me i was racing a 70 year old man in a taurus. i never went above 40mph. still ended up with an exhaust ticket even after i told him that i had no freaking clue what he was talking about. he kept insisting that i was "racing that silver car that was with you". i told him that i had three cars with me, a white tc a eblue srt and rocco in his baby blue aveo beater. they pulled into the lot with me when i got pulled over and he saw them. still told me i was racing.

so the whole "don't street race and you won't get in trouble for it" thing doesn't really work very well at times.
x2. When I got arrested a month ago, I was definately not racing. I was a couple hundred yards behind my friend, who then got in anccident with a wall. I pulled over behind him to make sure he's ok. Some cunt had pulled over in front of him and said we were racing. Yeah, like I'm going to race my friends 800+whp TransAm in my 340whp GTO. Right.

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
psi chick said:
Rhunter said:
How about this? DON'T STREET RACE!!! then ya don't hafta worry about getting pulled over.

Sorry to hear about that and like I stated, we are gonna be profiled because of the cars we drive. You are probably in the age group of 17 - 25 so you are gonna get double profiled. I don't know about in Texas but in alot of states convoying or caravaning is also illegal. Back in the good ole days of sport compact cars, we would roll into a show at least 20 deep and if we had both chapters of the club rollin, then forget about it!! we ruled the highway!!

We would get pulled over, the cool cops would tell use to break up into smaller groups. The A-hole cops would give the lead car a ticket for something or another!! Yeah I know, 3 cars is not a convoy but that's
what the cop thinks. Again sorry to hear about your ticket, but people who street race are not helping our cause at all.

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
Blackest SRT Ever said:
psi chick said:

x2. When I got arrested a month ago, I was definately not racing. I was a couple hundred yards behind my friend, who then got in anccident with a wall. I pulled over behind him to make sure he's ok. Some cunt had pulled over in front of him and said we were racing. Yeah, like I'm going to race my friends 800+whp TransAm in my 340whp GTO. Right.

Ok and the cop knows that? Again, a couple of young guys in cool cars, and a old cunt says you were racing. Guess who loses that one? Again man sorry to hear about all of this. I guess when I get back to San Antonio, I'll be double careful.

·
Registered
738 Posts
you have to put yourself in their place, if you see 3 or 4 cars together, traveling in a pack what would you think? that they are going to the library? I am going to start the police academy next week and you have to look at it through their eyes.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
i know what it looks like through their eyes. but honestly, fuck their eyes when it costs me money and potentially my car. i have friends that are cops so i hear the argument all the time. i understand that they are suspicious, but unless i'm actually doing something leave me the hell alone. don't pull me over because you are bored and have nothing better to do with your time then profile me because i have a cf hood when there's an asshole shooting someone down the street.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
psi chick said:
i know what it looks like through their eyes. but honestly, fuck their eyes when it costs me money and potentially my car. i have friends that are cops so i hear the argument all the time. i understand that they are suspicious, but unless i'm actually doing something leave me the hell alone. don't pull me over because you are bored and have nothing better to do with your time then profile me because i have a cf hood when there's an asshole shooting someone down the street.

THANK U! there's alot more important things to be taking care of then pulling over cars that they THINK are street racing...

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
Oh I hear ya both and agree. There used to be a pretty cool meet in San Antonio. All kind of cars would show up, mainly sport compacts. There was always some Idiots (mainly guys in honda's) doing burn outs, speeding and in general acting like asses. Actions like that made it to where the cops would bust up the meet as soon as a couple of cars would park.

Trust me I've been pulled over, profiled, paced and prodded, but I'm not gonna blame the cops. I blame the Idiots that make the block hot and drawing attention to use.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
This is why I bought a plain silver srt and why it still looks stock.

I drive a good 70 miles a day and have never been paced or messed with.

I did get caught doing a 3rd gear tuning run on the freeway one day. As he handed me my ticket he said he was impressed at how fast I got to 90.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts