Dodge SRT Forum banner

CAI's don't do jack

868 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  xtreme2424 
#1 ·
Anybody agree with me? My friend bought the K&N typhoon intake for his red '04, and it didn't do a thing. Didn't make the car faster at the drag strip, and my bone stock SRT-4 would beat his car on the street all day long. (He has intake, eibach springs and STS) All it did was make a different noise, and I actually perfer the sound of the stock intake.

In fact last week the intake on my friend's car BROKE. The weld on one of the brackets that holds the intake to the car just broke off. So now he's trying to get a refund or exchange from K&N.

I guess if you like the sound it's alright, but I think CAI's are a big waste of $200 on these cars.

#3 ·
Intakes do help. Lots of data. Not crazy help, but it does make a difference. Your buddy needs to learn to drive better.

#5 ·
SRTGT said:
Anybody agree with me? My friend bought the K&N typhoon intake for his red '04, and it didn't do a thing. Didn't make the car faster at the drag strip, and my bone stock SRT-4 would beat his car on the street all day long. (He has intake, eibach springs and STS) All it did was make a different noise, and I actually perfer the sound of the stock intake.

In fact last week the intake on my friend's car BROKE. The weld on one of the brackets that holds the intake to the car just broke off. So now he's trying to get a refund or exchange from K&N.

I guess if you like the sound it's alright, but I think CAI's are a big waste of $200 on these cars.

Anyone else feel like starting a NEW thread to discuss the SAME stupid opinion??

Dont fucking buy it then.

I love mine, and it did free up a ton of space.

:gay: :grimrippe :readclose :flame: :stab: :tongue:

#9 ·
SRTGT said:

I am with you 100% but there is a solution buy the mopar filter and do the hood mod you will notice a differance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.