Dodge SRT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,402 Posts
would you consider selling it then? if so, how much shipped to 32137?

Zero46 said:
Put mine on tonight. Looks great and really good quality. I couldn't get the crashbar on though. It wouldn't fit on there with the headlights on. Almost like it was too tall or wide.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,392 Posts
woody21001 said:
it fits without cutting just put the bolts in and tighten. it moves the plastic out of the way
Oh okay, I read the how to and now I see what you mean. It wasn't fitting for me because I didn't take my lights out. They are hard wired so It's hard to get em out. I'll just trim a little of the housing if I can ever find my dremel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Just got mine yesterday, and it looks GREAT!! can't wait for install this weekend! One question, though, the driver's side bracket looks a little bent. I noticed when I got it, that bracket broke out of the inner box, and was poking through. It may have gotten bent a little during transit. I see now where those extra gussets would go, and was going to have a shop fabricate them. But, not knowing if that bracket is supposed to be bent a little, I don't want my car to be down too long. Any suggestions? I know I can just bend it back, but thought I'd ask first. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
malicad said:
Just got mine yesterday, and it looks GREAT!! can't wait for install this weekend! One question, though, the driver's side bracket looks a little bent. I noticed when I got it, that bracket broke out of the inner box, and was poking through. It may have gotten bent a little during transit. I see now where those extra gussets would go, and was going to have a shop fabricate them. But, not knowing if that bracket is supposed to be bent a little, I don't want my car to be down too long. Any suggestions? I know I can just bend it back, but thought I'd ask first. Thanks
just tap it back lightly into position it will be fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,392 Posts
malicad said:
Just got mine yesterday, and it looks GREAT!! can't wait for install this weekend! One question, though, the driver's side bracket looks a little bent. I noticed when I got it, that bracket broke out of the inner box, and was poking through. It may have gotten bent a little during transit. I see now where those extra gussets would go, and was going to have a shop fabricate them. But, not knowing if that bracket is supposed to be bent a little, I don't want my car to be down too long. Any suggestions? I know I can just bend it back, but thought I'd ask first. Thanks
Mine was the same way. It'll bend back just fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
ic

are these all gone or what? i need one asap for my 50 trim kit that im waiting for, im not getting paid until friday though......:eeeek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
715 Posts
04srt4chris said:
are these all gone or what? i need one asap for my 50 trim kit that im waiting for, im not getting paid until friday though......:eeeek:
we have 2 left. they are a first paid basis. if we still have one friday, its yours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
I finally fabricated those gussets for mine. It took all of 1 hour to have all 4trimmed perfectly. I feel a little better having these on there, as this thing's sort of heavy, and with all the bouncing around it's gonna do, could possibly tear the stock brackets. Props to Airport Welding, who GAVE me the "scrap" metal to make my gussets out of, and the whopping $30 they charged me for welding the gussets on. Truly a top-notch job! Looks like factory, and noticeably stronger brackets. EVERYBODY should do this before install! I noticed a big difference in rigidity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
715 Posts
the gussets do make them stronger, but i personally know of over 150 of these being used with no gussets and no problem, so there nice for peace of mind, but not needed for strength
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
woody21001 said:
the gussets do make them stronger, but i personally know of over 150 of these being used with no gussets and no problem, so there nice for peace of mind, but not needed for strength
True, True. I tend to overdo things, like putting a 478 cid engine in my 3000 lb. Malibu. Guess it's my nature. Nice product, btw. Can't wait to try it out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
715 Posts
malicad said:
woody21001 said:
the gussets do make them stronger, but i personally know of over 150 of these being used with no gussets and no problem, so there nice for peace of mind, but not needed for strength
True, True. I tend to overdo things, like putting a 478 cid engine in my 3000 lb. Malibu. Guess it's my nature. Nice product, btw. Can't wait to try it out!
you will love it.thanks again
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Having major trouble with install!

Ok. I started on my installation today, and ran into problems. First, let me say, although I'm a newbie here, I've been restoring cars for over 15 years. I can weld, paint, and can fabricate most anything, including my rotisserie I am using to do a frame-off restoration. I also do custom wood working. So, no wisecracks like I don't know what I'm doing. I do. I don't think these intercoolers are made that well. Well, I mean they're made WELL, but not the fitment. They just don't fit like they are made for our cars. First, the body of the intercooler hits the upright bracket that holds our hood release mechanism before the mounting brackets are where they are supposed to be. That required me to cut that upright, and to grind it for clearance. I'm talking at least 5/8 inch. Next, the passenger side outlet is round, where the stock was oval. Dodge did this apparently for clearance, as I found it nearly impossible to attach the hose to the outlet. Next, on the driver's side, the inlet tube hits against the bracket that holds the PCM (computer). I tried adjusting it more to the driver's side, but then it hit on the right by the A/C condenser. I had to remove that bracket and grind, and paint it. Next, I think it's too tall. It hits the support beam that I got with it at the same time that it touches the bottom of the car. I can't go lower, but it needs to. I'm sure I'll hear the metal-to-metal clunking every once in a while. I may have to clearance that too. WHAT GIVES? I would think at 415 dollars, these would be made to fit a little better. I worked 7 1/2 hours on it today, and have probably 5-6 more hours to go. I'm tired, and a little pissed.
 
61 - 80 of 93 Posts
Top