Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been looking to buy a new 2005 Black SRT-4 base (cloth seats, no sun roof or upgraded stereo).

Live in SE PA and did a dealer vehicle search (50 mile search), and found only 1 dealer in Downingtown, Pa, who had not only had 2 Orange base 2005 SRT-4's in stock, BUT 7 Black base SRT-4's exactly like the one I was looking for.

Salesman called and said if I was interested in buying 1 at invoice price this afternoon.

My question (s) as a novice on leftover sales history of the vehicle:

Any red flags on 1 dealer having so many of 1 model color/type in inventory, and the obvious Katrina residual movement of cars?

Thank you for any advice/input that you can provide to me,
Korky

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Korky22 said:
Hi,

I've been looking to buy a new 2005 Black SRT-4 base (cloth seats, no sun roof or upgraded stereo).

Live in SE PA and did a dealer vehicle search (50 mile search), and found only 1 dealer in Downingtown, Pa, who had not only had 2 Orange base 2005 SRT-4's in stock, BUT 7 Black base SRT-4's exactly like the one I was looking for.

Salesman called and said if I was interested in buying 1 at invoice price this afternoon.

My question (s) as a novice on leftover sales history of the vehicle:

Any red flags on 1 dealer having so many of 1 model color/type in inventory, and the obvious Katrina residual movement of cars?

Thank you for any advice/input that you can provide to me,
Korky
If you are worried about the possibility of being flood versions, I would see that highly unlikely. The insurance companies and the NICB went out of its way to make sure those cars were crushed. Sure some got out though. Progressive alone totalled out 30,000 cars and sent them for destruction. If you are worried about it send me a PM if you have the VIN.

E

·
0 Posts
i bought a leftover 2005 stone white SRT-4 brand new from the ealer 3 weeks ago...i dont think you have anything to worry about...i found out that my car was the only new stone white SRT-4 left in the eastern US.

what is crazy is how much some dealers want for used ones...

BTW..the SRT-4 never came with leather

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
fukavee8 said:
i bought a leftover 2005 stone white SRT-4 brand new from the ealer 3 weeks ago...i dont think you have anything to worry about...i found out that my car was the only new stone white SRT-4 left in the eastern US.

what is crazy is how much some dealers want for used ones...

BTW..the SRT-4 never came with leather
Really? Wonder what the black "thing" is that wraps the seat...not all of it, but some :lol:

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
TRUE THAT! Half leather srt-4 all leather viper. same seats just cheaper material.

E

·
0 Posts
i think the trim on the srt-4 seats is vinyl..compared to my 03 audi's leatther..it doesnt feel the same

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are you talking about D'ambrosio Dodge? I work there :D I'm the part-time valet/lot attendant. I can promise you they are not Katrina cars, we are the largest DCX dealer in tri-state area. If you are looking to buy an SRT-4, talk to Brooks Donahue in sales. Earlier this year we had at least 40 SRT's. We sold one today, a black one.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Yep, I wouldn't worry about buying leftover cars. Now, if you saw a bunch of them on some shady used lot, that'd be another story. I bought my '04 as a leftover last July. It had about 60 miles on it when I started my test drove it. I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Dude your buying a new car from a dealer... your safe... Now the car's are a model year back so dont get raped on the price... Call a few dealers see who gives you the best price on the car don't let them tell you payments you want to know the actual price. When you find the cheapest call the other dealerships and say hey (Insert name here) Dodge said they could sell me the car for X amount. Can you beat them? Then continue that until another dealer can't beat the price. If you have to go 100 miles to get a car but save 2 grand I think its worth it. :) To a dealer you and I are peon's... let the dealerships fight each other, we win in the end.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Ask the dealer/sales if he believes in the 5% rule. If he doesnt walk.
5% over invoice that is all man.
Buddy just did it with a brand new 06 Liberty. Dealer said no, he started to leave and the guy called him back and said lets run the numbers.
Got the liberty with extras for 5.01% above and 0% interest over 5 years.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Whatever you do, all you new SRT-4 owners need to register for the SRT Track Experience. www.srttrackexperience.com. It's included in the price of your car, so there's no charge for the class. You HAVE to do it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
762 Posts
shop around. dont like the numbers leave watch how fast they call you.didnt like my numbers left two hours later got call with right numbers.dont let them play number games on you.and if a dealer got caught selling katrina cars that be there ass dont worry about that. :hi: good luck

·
Registered
964 Posts
jmduke3 said:
If you are worried about the possibility of being flood versions, I would see that highly unlikely. The insurance companies and the NICB went out of its way to make sure those cars were crushed. Sure some got out though. Progressive alone totalled out 30,000 cars and sent them for destruction. If you are worried about it send me a PM if you have the VIN.

Crushed!? HAHA yeah right, there is a 200 acre lot in Gulfport, MS packed full of flood damage cars. They are being sold on a daily basis. We get quite a few of them a week at the shop getting keys cut and programmed.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
mrj82 said:
Crushed!? HAHA yeah right, there is a 200 acre lot in Gulfport, MS packed full of flood damage cars. They are being sold on a daily basis. We get quite a few of them a week at the shop getting keys cut and programmed.
Yep, those won't get crushed but they should be labled as a rebuild on the title.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
jmduke3 said:
Ask the dealer/sales if he believes in the 5% rule. If he doesnt walk.
5% over invoice that is all man.
Buddy just did it with a brand new 06 Liberty. Dealer said no, he started to leave and the guy called him back and said lets run the numbers.
Got the liberty with extras for 5.01% above and 0% interest over 5 years.
Don't do that either. They have a way to work around that too. It took me almost a month to buy mine. I told them that I wanted it at invoice. They laughed at me because it was the first week of the month. So, they asked me what I wanted my payments at. I didn't tell them anything. The reason is they want you to say something and bank on that you'll actually be higher than what they can do. Then, they'll inflat the numbers up to the number you stated. They'll add all kinds of things but it won't be on the price of the car. So, if you tell them you won't go over say $18500 and don't want more than $400 a month payment, they'll get you. Since my in-law is a bank manager, I ask her to work out payments for a 19k, 20k, and 21k car for the terms I am looking for. Then, when they told me a payment, I was able to call their bluff.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Heard recently that there were truckloads of flood damaged cars going to the Arizona desert. They'll be stored there for whatever amount of time, till allthe moisture, mold, whatever, dries out. Then they'll be cleaned up and sold to unsuspecting motorists. Reminds me of how the military stores old planes out there.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
I am not saying that cars didnt make it out of there. That is the reason why there is the NICB and NYPD down there with laptops trying to log every vin as a total loss. I do know that Progressive did total 30,000 vehicles. Now you have to figure with the other abundance of insurance companies sure they may have let the owner keep the vehicles or what have you. Some cars are making it out of there, they will be sold to some unsuspecting buyer. It is at the buyers caution when it looks suspicious to look into it.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
srt-bye said:
Heard recently that there were truckloads of flood damaged cars going to the Arizona desert. They'll be stored there for whatever amount of time, till allthe moisture, mold, whatever, dries out. Then they'll be cleaned up and sold to unsuspecting motorists. Reminds me of how the military stores old planes out there.
That would be an interesting way to do it.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Well, I had a buddy in Florida that use to work for this "detail" shop. His duty was to power wash the entire inside of flood cars so all the mud and crud is washed away. Yes, I mean the interiors such as headliners, dashes, and glove boxes. Then they dry them and sell the cars.

Another friend of mine bought a new Ram dually Diesel that was an a flood. He cleaned it all out and drove it for a while then the motor froze up. DCX covered it under warranty. He's now got over 140k miles on it now and hasn't had anything out of the ordinary since the motor.

When ever I buy a used car I go over it like no one else has. I put it up on a rack and look for damage. I also pull back carpet just for water damage. You'd be suprised how many times I've seen water damage under the carpet. I had that in my '02 Jeep Liberty but it wasn't ever in a flood. It was the AC dripping behind the carpet under the dash

·
Registered
182 Posts
to the guy who said he got the only white one on the east coast, that's most likely dealership bullshit to make you buy it as soon as possible. I bought mine in august and was gonna buy it regardless, and the salesman tried to convince me it was the only white with sunroof within like 150 miles or something. Unless you actually like searched inventory and it really was the only one in the east coast, then i apologoze.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts