Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just joined, I’ve been looking to buy an srt4 for a little while now. I live in Canada and I’m going to look at one this weekend that is a little ways away from me. I’ve lurked around the forum and you guys have been helpful but I’d like some input.

The car:
160000k km
$5250 Canadian
Body looks good
He’s only had it for a few months, selling because he’s buying a house
The only mods he knows of is a BOV and a catch can

Problems:
Sunroof won’t open but doesn’t leak
Catch can to turbo has a very small oil leak
Throws an EVAP code but can’t remember which one

Clutch was replaced in the last year by previous owner. No transmission problems.

What do you guys think? What should I be looking for when inspecting the engine bay ie. vac lines for the bov and catch can.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,245 Posts

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Here ->

·
Registered
414 Posts
Here ->
wtf is a first gen SRT-4?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,245 Posts
wtf is a first gen SRT-4?

well if you think about it... the Neon SRT-4 is the earlier (1st Gen) of the two SRT-4 models (Caliber being the 2nd.)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I’m glad the srt4 is cheap and hated by all More srt4s for me

·
Registered
414 Posts
well if you think about it... the Neon SRT-4 is the earlier (1st Gen) of the two SRT-4 models (Caliber being the 2nd.)
hahahahahah..ok, totally different cars, you wouldnt call an SRT-8 Challenger 1st gen and a SRT-8 Jeep second gen. but that wars been fought, generally accepted nomenclature is CSRT and NSRT.

·
Premium Member
4,245 Posts
hahahahahah..ok, totally different cars, you wouldnt call an SRT-8 Challenger 1st gen and a SRT-8 Jeep second gen. but that wars been fought, generally accepted nomenclature is CSRT and NSRT.

while i agree with you, it's the only thing that made any bit of sense....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning Gentlemans,

I don't want to start new topic, so I decided to stick to this one.

I was looking for a tuneable daily drive car, in Europe we have tons of Audi's, Volkswagens etc. but I want something different.

I found one 2009 Caliber SRT-4 in Switzerland (bone stock, cars from there are well maintainedm but 90k miles on it). The car has problem with check engine light, and completely no "limp mode" symptoms. Drives normaly.

Do Caliber SRT-4 have timing chain problems? How much miles can timing chain last?
How big is oil consumption in normaly used, daily driven car?
Is Caliber SRT-4 suspension a copy of Mitsu Outlander suspension (control arms, bushings etc)
How much hp stock clutch can take?
Simple mods like : intercooler, downpipe, inlet pipe and custom mapping will be enough for 350 horse power on engine?

Sorry for my bad english.

Best Regards

Michal

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning Gentlemans,

I don't want to start new topic, so I decided to stick to this one.

I was looking for a tuneable daily drive car, in Europe we have tons of Audi's, Volkswagens etc. but I want something different.

I found one 2009 Caliber SRT-4 in Switzerland (bone stock, cars from there are well maintainedm but 90k miles on it). The car has problem with check engine light, and completely no "limp mode" symptoms. Drives normaly.auto clicker

Do Caliber SRT-4 have timing chain problems? How much miles can timing chain last?
How big is oil consumption in normaly used, daily driven car?
Is Caliber SRT-4 suspension a copy of Mitsu Outlander suspension (control arms, bushings etc)
How much hp stock clutch can take?
Simple mods like : intercooler, downpipe, inlet pipe and custom mapping will be enough for 350 horse power on engine?

Sorry for my bad english.

Best Regards

Michal
totally different cars, you wouldnt call an SRT-8 Challenger 1st gen and a SRT-8 Jeep second gen. but that wars been fought, generally accepted nomenclature is CSRT and NSRT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts