Dodge SRT Forum banner

Buying ideas.. I have 40k to spend

1K views 33 replies 22 participants last post by  SnakeSRT 
#1 ·
Well I know i'm getting an SRT-4.. Im rather indecisive on the color.. I don't know if i want black, "orange blast", or blue.. And I was wondering if you guys could help me with a few things.. First I want to make this into a nice fast street car. I work at a carwash, so all I do is care for cars every day. and accross from me is the alteration station.. Ha ha, a shifty business, they do poor jobs on customer cars.It'd be nice to show them up on cruise nights, because up here nobody has a really nice car, the only good one i've seen over there is an integra type-R..

Anyhow.. I want to keep it simple, not overdone with looks.. and i need to be able to drive it everyday. So design i deas, links, anythign would be helpful..

Thanks!

#3 ·
Yeah, but that's no fun.. LOL i'm trying to stick with a 4 cylinder here. and it's only a 2 seater, that and I would rather get the c6 because i like the headlights better. also, i don't have 40k after i get the srt-4 it'd be more like 20k but, that doesn't mean i wanna burn all of it..

#4 ·
damn...cobra for me..but hey, if you want to get the srt-4 too look damn nice...put on that carbon fibre hood and trunk...along with a stoptech big brake kit, stage 3 handling system, stage 3 turbo upgrade...sweet...i can only dream...of having that kind of money to spend on my car...
So you work at a car wash, the must be paying good?

#5 ·
Well, I take home like 400 a week.. But my dad died not too long ago, which sucks since i'm only 20.. but the inheritence enabled me to buy multifamily homes and pretty much got my feet settled in real estate, so i make good money off of investments.
oh and the stage3 turbo, will that be a pain in the ass during heavy traffic?

#12 ·
So give us your specs..

Do you want 4 doors

Do you want a 4 banger

what is your goal with this vehicle.

for 40k you can get a car or mod a car that will be faster than SRT-4

Unless you want to buy an SRT-4 and put in 10-15k to make it extremely fast and push it to its limits both in the suspension area , motor area as well as some cosmetic quirks.

#14 ·
Well the basic idea fastattack, is that i want an SRT-4.. and in terms of money to upgrad/modify it, there isn't too much of a limit.. and i'masking for design ideas, links to sites, what'd be good things to get, and what wouldn't...

Unrelated: (there goes a green alterationstation civic, that car burns sooo much oil the rear bumper is black.)

#15 ·
i kinda like his idea...basically buy a srt and have it be the ultimate car it can be

i see your from massachusetts.....where about?

have you met up with jean and nivo yet?(srtgurl) they have the most heavily modded srt in the area....you may want to meet up with them and see what a heavily modded srt is gonna be like...because its drastically different than a stock car....

but with 20k to play with hrmm
internals
big turbo
all fuel and other mods
fmic
mopar stage 3r suspension
prothane bushings
sway bars
strut tower bars
big break kit
clutch
axles
guages and tuning stuff
brakes
wheels
tires
cabon fiber and maybe some other cosmetic mods
nav system.....interior comforts are nice
short throw shifter
full exhaust
other misc things ull need/want

be a nice starting list

#16 · (Edited)
AnimalCracker885 said:
i kinda like his idea...basically buy a srt and have it be the ultimate car it can be

i see your from massachusetts.....where about?

have you met up with jean and nivo yet?(srtgurl) they have the most heavily modded srt in the area....you may want to meet up with them and see what a heavily modded srt is gonna be like...because its drastically different than a stock car....

but with 20k to play with hrmm
internals
big turbo
all fuel and other mods
fmic
mopar stage 3r suspension
prothane bushings
sway bars
strut tower bars
big break kit
clutch
axles
guages and tuning stuff
brakes
wheels
tires
cabon fiber and maybe some other cosmetic mods
nav system.....interior comforts are nice
short throw shifter
full exhaust
other misc things ull need/want

be a nice starting list
Easthampton.. it's western mass. and yes that is exactly what i'm trying to say, and I want some ideas, like design wise. i know i want black wheels with a polished silver or chrome outer rim. but aside from that i'm not s ure whate else to do.. like i dunno what turbo would be too big for daily driving, or what color to get.. it's either blue, orange or black.

#17 ·
Mark@Psi-Fi Motorsports said:
I have a 2000 audi S4 here. it was featured on the cover of European car and was also in Sport Compact Car magazine. it has low mileage(40k) and has incredible amounts of custom fabrication, customization and tuning. the car has 440+whp(all wheel drive), runs 11's pulls and over 1g on the skidpad. Its an awesome daily driver.
Are you trying to sell me your car?

#18 ·
How about you use it to get your real estate or mortgage brokers license since you seem interested in real estate and you can quit your job at the car wash. Shouldn't cost much, then you can get your pimped out srt and cruise around while making deals...speaking of pimp, buy an srt, make it ghetto, then call up mtv and have them "pimp yo ride." Good day to you.

#19 ·
slow79ford said:
How about you use it to get your real estate or mortgage brokers license since you seem interested in real estate and you can quit your job at the car wash. Shouldn't cost much, then you can get your pimped out srt and cruise around while making deals...speaking of pimp, buy an srt, make it ghetto, then call up mtv and have them "pimp yo ride." Good day to you.
Well, right now i'm a 20 y/o landlord.. So i'm not too worried about it. I like detailing cars, and I don't have to work 24/7 either, which is nice. and also i get detailing products that aren't available to the general public. and MTV's pimp my ride is rather unimpressive. someof the things they do is just lame.

#21 ·
No no, who doesn't want their car to blow bubbles or have two turntables in the back? Actually I was just being facetious about that. If you like detailing thats cool, thats more important actually, that you like your job. An agent doesn't have to work 24/7 either, you just get back what you put in. I think its safe to say with your money supply you should have a friggen awesome srt when you are done. Good luck to you.

#23 ·
nothin wrong w/ detailing.............

I began detailing cars in 1981,.........& i now have my own buisness polishing aircraft , ....& im makin a pretty darn good livin at it too!! :hi: , sorry bout yer dad, but i respect your choice to buy an srt & modify it,.........i too could have purchased ANY car i wanted, but i went w/ the SRT, cause it's different & thier ain't many of em around (unlike Cobra's)...........i say buy the SRT & foloow through w/ your plans.........you'll have a sick little hotrod to boot!!______5TOEZ______

#24 ·
Yeah, i'veonly seen 1 SRT here.. that's it. and plus i like them..

I've been reading detailing mags, apparently there is a LOT of money to be made in doing large vehicles. It's awesome that you getto do that.. Well it says y our in CT. which is a good p lace to be for it too.

#25 ·
Orange will be MUCH easier to keep clean than blue or black if that's a factor. If you want it to be a daily driver, don't go more than 425hp in any case. That might even be too much for you. Even if I had an unlimited supply, I would stop around 350hp. I would say get all the suspension parts you can right now (s3 coilovers, sway bars, strut bars, mm's, big brake kit, etc.) Then get stuff like a full exhaust, iceman or psi fi cai, throttle body, fuel rail kit, and S1. I would wait a little while (1 yr or so) before getting S3 so they can work the flaws out. Check out www.modernperformance.com they have a ton of stuff. but make sure you look at what a lot of the vendors have in their respective sections. With something like this, the search tool will be your greatest friend!! Good luck, and i'm sorry you had to acquire the money this way. Enjoy the car!

#26 ·
I don't know if you have considered this but having too much to spend can turn into a problem as you need some time to be able to actually put the stuff on and try it out. I know it wouldn't be the worst if you had a bunch of new car parts piled up in your bedroom, but I personally like to have a timeline where I do things step by step and take some time to see how each modification effected the car overall, then figure out what the next thing I want to do is. Just don't go overboard right away is what I'm saying, because if you do you will probably find better parts down the road and want to replace half the stuff anyways.

As far as design/cosmetics, I haven't noticed too much custom bodywork and that sort of thing with these cars, probably since they have only been around for two years. It is only a Neon, but I like the stock look a lot with just a lower stance to make it a little tougher. It is kind of trendy right now, but I like carbon fiber hoods and bronze wheels right now too. Check http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84452 to see a nice example.

If you are set on getting an SRT-4, go ahead and get it, drive it around for a little while, keep checking this site out, and I'm sure the ideas will come pretty quickly. I got mine three months ago with the intention of leaving it alone, and I'm already on my second exhaust system, have all the basic bolt-ons, and am this close to ordering a big turbo kit. Oh also get an insurance quote before you buy. It tends to run high for these cars.

-Jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.