Votes: 11 34.4%
  • uncertain

Votes: 3 9.4%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna get an SRT-4 in April but not sure if I could afford a new one. Just wondering if you would buy a used one, that is not modded cause I wouldnt trust getting a used one that is modded.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
i just bought my NEW 04 for 20K OTD search around though & you may get a good deal on a new one.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah if I could I definetly would get an 04 now but I dont the money and i NEED TO find a job, and also i am waiting for my citations to get off my record.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also, the reason why I am really wanting this car is cause of its obvious stock power. I would wait till I graduate from college but and get the charger or something like it but I wont be able to afford a car over 24k for 4-5 years, and I have a first gen neon now and I just feel its time to upgrade. And I know a used cobra(older) or something would be a good option but I cant afford the insurance on it.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
wildcat71383 said:
yeah if I could I definetly would get an 04 now but I dont the money and i NEED TO find a job, and also i am waiting for my citations to get off my record.
:werd: Once I get a job then I can get an SRT-4, but until then...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
SRT-4 are "performance" cars, they WILL have been beaten on if its used.

·
Banned
14 Posts
im looking to buy a used one ..i found an 03 that caught my attention ..to my knowledge bone stock only got aftermarket rims that kinda bothers me(dont get me wrong they look good and all) ... its going for 15,500...with 20,000 miles its still a baby i think? I also wanna trade in my 3 i need a CAI and 75shot of nitrous to lose to you guys by a bumper.. :crying:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well before I buy I was gonna take it to a mechanic to get it checked over. I was just curious what the damage would be if the original owner didnt install a catch can.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I would never buy a SRT-4 used or sti or a wrx or evo sorry but not these kinds of cars....my 2 cents.......

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
En-Glaived said:
SRT-4 are "performance" cars, they WILL have been beaten on if its used.
I would disagree, I dont beat on my car. I drive enthusiastically.

You should be able to find some more mature owner selling their car.

Just stay away from something that has been modified from stock.

I pamper this car more than any other I have owned. I wash it every couple days, wax it every other week. Change the oil with synthetic and rotate the wheels every 3,000. To some people this car is their pride and joy. Why would you neglect it or "beat" on it, unless your a moron. When you speak with the previous owner you should be able to figure out just how well they maintained it. I would personally stay away from a dealer selling used, you have no idea and no history on the car.

There are a thousand reasons someone would sell a car.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I bought my 03 with 800ish miles on it, but as a "new" car. According to the dealer, it was a "program car", a term they admitted was very loosely used and could mean just about anything. It's my understanding that this car was used to show dealers/salespeople the Dodge SRT-4, in other words, they let salespeople beat up on it! (another good hint was the fact that it had the ps2 tires on it rather than the originals)

Right now I have just over 15,000 miles on it, and it has been perfect. In hind sight, I don't know if I would risk it again to save the $1,500 or so they had reduced the price by.

Either way, it appears to be a tough little car, and I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
If you're smart you wouldn't buy one used or new, just my .02$

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought mine used from a Dodge dealer. It had 15,000 miles. The previous owner was DCX. The dealer bought it at a dealer auction from DCX. It's in great shape, only a couple of tiny scratches, and the only problems are normal SRT-4 problems...TPS, vacuum hose from TIP sensor...

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
i was in your same situation.. wanted a srt.. but didnt want the price... so i started poking in the buy/sale thread for a little...

Found on HELL of a deal...
2003 Silver
Stage 1
Goldlins springs
3" turbo back exhaust
MOPAR BOV
MSD shift light
Silver star light... fog also
Brand new Faulkin tires
Full tint

Miles you ask.. when i picked it up it had 1,336 miles!! Got it for $16,800

CAN NOT BE HAPPIER