Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did not have a 3" resinator in stock but I will be installing one. Mind you it sounds just like the stock setup, only a little louder and a little more popping and rumble.

As for price I am not sure yet. Im thinking of 800 and 950 for a dual setup. Before you jump up and down, that will be from turbo back with a highflow bolt on 3" cat, not just a catback. I have to see what it will run me in matterials etc to make. Price might come down though.

It will be a full t304 and polished. This is only a proto type.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
As for price I am not sure yet. Im thinking of 800 and 950 for a dual setup. Before you jump up and down, that will be from turbo back with a highflow bolt on 3" cat, not just a catback. I have to see what it will run me in matterials etc to make. Price might come down though.
It will be a full t304 and polished. This is only a proto type.
I still gotta jump up and down....ouch :(

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is not a catback, its a turbo back. Cat back might be about $500 or so, but mind you, it will be a bottle neck system being that yoru downpipe is about 2"-2.25" where as a full turbo back system is 3" all the way and it has a full 3" flex which is expensive.

This is the quality yourgoign to be seeing.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kyle said:
Exhaust Depot said:
Thats odd I have never seen a downstream O2 sensor in a cat before.
I don't know how familiar you are with exhaust systems but in 96 the EPA mandated that a 2nd o2 sensor be used to monitor the health of the cat. The o2 you see there is not the primary one that adjusts the fuel, its there to make sure the cat is happy. Most of them have it after the car. The SRT4 has it inside the cat. I was goign to install it after but the harness is to short.

·
Registered
88 Posts
ED, I'd guess you know the answer to this; is it not illegal to alter or replace a working catalytic converter? I read the law that says it is, unless I'm mistaken (and it said or implied it was a national thing).

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
thats why if you replace a cat-pipe with a "race-pipe" it can "only be used for offroad purposes". :wink: :twisted:

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Xerxes said:
ED, I'd guess you know the answer to this; is it not illegal to alter or replace a working catalytic converter? I read the law that says it is, unless I'm mistaken (and it said or implied it was a national thing).
Maybe he went over that speedbump @ the Mcdonalds drive thru too fast and banged it up. :wink: I thought I heard something about street racing be illegal, but nobody here does that, right kids?

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol. Actually I was thi nking about that on my way home the other day. And I did hit a speed bump. 8) It is illegal to remove your setup if the cat is happy. But that is why I will classify my setup as an off road piece use only even though most likely it will pass an emittion test and probly a visual check.

I set up my protype so you can install a race pipe and unbolt the main cat. This is not legal anywhere in the planet except a track.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
11 Participants
Exhaust Depot
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing