Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of my bushings in my front a arm is bad and i was just gonna get the whole set for the entire car and do that while i was at it...which is better energy suspension or prothane? and which or both replace both a arm bushing in the front? and i read a while back with the whole car bushing kit in...the tail end of the car likes to get real happy is that true? thankx alot

·
Registered
374 Posts
i just finished installing the energy suspension kit and it is amazing. i didn't expect much from it but it feels like a different car, in a good way. i think the only main difference between the two kits is that with the energy suspension one you have to re-use one of the sleeves as it does not provide you with a new one but its really not that big of a deal. i don't know what the prothane one costs but the e.s. kit cost me only like $90. which is pretty good.

·
Banned
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mitsumotors said:
i just finished installing the energy suspension kit and it is amazing. i didn't expect much from it but it feels like a different car, in a good way. i think the only main difference between the two kits is that with the energy suspension one you have to re-use one of the sleeves as it does not provide you with a new one but its really not that big of a deal. i don't know what the prothane one costs but the e.s. kit cost me only like $90. which is pretty good.
who did you get them from and did it replace both front bushings in the control arm?

·
Registered
374 Posts
well, i live in Canada and i don't know if you have this store there but it is called "Partsource" you can probably buy from them off the internet. the kit replaced the two bushings on the lower control arm, the front sway bar frame bushings, the front sway bar endlinks, the rear sway bar frame bushings, the rear endlinks, the shifter base bushings, and the rear trailing arm bushing(which is the same thing as buying the mopar performanc trailing arm).

·
Registered
206 Posts
I also have the Energy bushings on my car and they feel great. I was expecting them to completely kill the relatively compliant ride the car had before, but I couldn't notice any change in ride quality after the install.

Overall, the car feels more responsive to steering changes and it feels more "connected" to the road. Plus, wheel hop has also somewhat decreased (engine-wise, I only have S1 and Mopar turboback).

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
13,260 Posts
you guys are joking about the ride quality right? my prothanes are brutally stiff. if the energy suspension ones dont hurt your ride, then the prothane must be stiffer.

·
Banned
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey tex.....im not worried about ride quality i just wanna know if it replaces both front bushings in the control arms....thats all im worried about...my suspension is stiff and rough as hell anyway so thats the least of my worries.....someone please help with my question.....oh and tex........that sig is exactly to the t of my girl

·
Registered
374 Posts
yes, the E.S. kit replaces both the bushings on the conrtol arm. and I seriously can not even tell that they are on the car comfort wise. it did not do anything to effect the ride comfort at all. only made the car more responsive and reduced wheel hop. paired up with the prothane mm inserts and goldline springs this car handles like a dream and the wheel hop is %95 gone.

·
Registered
374 Posts
wow. it sure is tail happy. if you go heavy into a corner your ass end will swing around like your driving a rwd.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts