Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! Just joined and wanted to know if it would be better to buy a base model and build it or if I should buy an srt4 right off the bat?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you aware of the differences between a base Neon and the SRT-4?
I'm sure there are differences, but I'm not too familiar with the neons. I asked on the Facebook srt4 community group and they've been giving me some pointers. It looks like waiting to go straight to the srt4 is the way to go.

·
Super Moderator
16,333 Posts
I'm sure there are differences, but I'm not too familiar with the neons. I asked on the Facebook srt4 community group and they've been giving me some pointers. It looks like waiting to go straight to the srt4 is the way to go.
Yes, buy an SRT-4. Even a cheap SRT-4 and fix it back up. I wasn't trying to be a dxck with my answer, it's just that there isn't even a comparison between a base Neon and an SRT-4 that fits in the same galaxy performance wise. It pisses off some people on the neonsDOTorg when you say this, but it's undeniably true. The interior and body panels may be the same in a lot of places, but that's about it. Engine, transmission, brakes, wheels, drivetrain, all far superior on the SRT-4. The amount of money you'd pay trying to get an SXT or ES or RT model even remotely within reach of the performance of the SRT-4 would negate any benefit you would have over paying the extra money just to get an SRT-4 and fix/upgrade it in the first place.

Best of luck with whatever you decide, and if you have questions, do a google search with "srtforums" included in quotes, and if you still can't find the answers you need, come back here and we'll help with what we can. Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, buy an SRT-4. Even a cheap SRT-4 and fix it back up. I wasn't trying to be a dxck with my answer, it's just that there isn't even a comparison between a base Neon and an SRT-4 that fits in the same galaxy performance wise. It pisses off some people on the neonsDOTorg when you say this, but it's undeniably true. The interior and body panels may be the same in a lot of places, but that's about it. Engine, transmission, brakes, wheels, drivetrain, all far superior on the SRT-4. The amount of money you'd pay trying to get an SXT or ES or RT model even remotely within reach of the performance of the SRT-4 would negate any benefit you would have over paying the extra money just to get an SRT-4 and fix/upgrade it in the first place.

Best of luck with whatever you decide, and if you have questions, do a google search with "srtforums" included in quotes, and if you still can't find the answers you need, come back here and we'll help with what we can. Welcome to the forums!
Thanks man! No offense taken. That does look like the better route not just money wise but to save me from the headaches

1 - 13 of 13 Posts