Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month
34,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone around here remove their BS chain? i'm going to be doing my first one(on my car) next weekend. any tips?

anyone want to give a hand on the BS chain removal/windage tray install? not only that but i have a few other things i'm going to be putting in and josh(jabbit) has a few things to put in also. if anyones interested in joining theyre more than welcome. i was thinking sunday april 9th sometime.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
i did mine on the spare motor that i bought, just drain the oil, take the 4 bolts out from the assembly, and then cut the chain w/ a dremel. be careful w/ getting metal shavings on the crank/internals.

omniphil has his off i think, he might be abel to give some tips when th emotor is in the car

·
34,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jeffb006 said:
i did mine on the spare motor that i bought, just drain the oil, take the 4 bolts out from the assembly, and then cut the chain w/ a dremel. be careful w/ getting metal shavings on the crank/internals.

omniphil has his off i think, he might be abel to give some tips when th emotor is in the car
it doesn't sound hard, i just didn't know if there were common problems that people run into. hopefully it goes smoothly.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i'm actually thinking about removing just the bs chain and leaving the assembly in there.....if you can, let me know how it goes and what you notice afterwards(both good and bad) Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
holy crap Ed, you just made me look like a forum noob...lol....i have an overwhelming urge to write "I will use the search button" 500 times on a chalk board :knockhead

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
dave4002000 said:
holy crap Ed, you just made me look like a forum noob...lol....i have an overwhelming urge to write "I will use the search button" 500 times on a chalk board :knockhead
No, not really. Sometimes the search button can drive you crazy especially when there 3,000 pages to read through.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Just remove the chain and nothing else...

Yeah, it can be done on the car without too much trouble, theres some bracing that needs to come off before you can drop the pan, its kinda a pain. Probably 3-5 hours or so.

A dremel would have been very handy, didnt have one here at work.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have left it the way it was...
The 10 or so hp isnt really worth the trouble and added vibration.
Its easier to remove 100lbs to get the 10hp :)

·
34,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ED- i already picked up an ED windage tray to install.

i'm going to remove it either way. i hope it's not too bad.

anyone wanna join?

·
34,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BTR said:
where do you live? I'd be down to swing by.

Amesbury, i'll pm you my cell number and gimme a call towards the end of next week.

·
34,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
anyone else want to come? so far BTR(i think), jabbit and addictedtosin are coming over. i'm doing this and todd(addictedtosin) has a few items of his own to install.

·
34,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tunertony said:
guys im willing to swing by. i need to get my 255 fp installed. have any of u guys done it.

i haven't yet, not sure about the other guys. stop by anyway, i'm sure it won't be too hard to install.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
whaqt the crap, stop diggin up old posts nate god

1 - 20 of 28 Posts