Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there guys.. so my srt4 for numerous reasons has just sat for 4 years barely started or moved unforunately.. i am bringing it back on the road this april and was wondering besides the obvious (brakes lock, fluids flushed, new battery and lights) what should or need i to do to get this going again the correct and perfect running way.. thanks everyone

·
Registered
111 Posts
Probably new spark plugs, wires, and the coilpack for fun. Make sure all your vacuum lines are still the way they were and ziptied. Oh, and a boost leak test

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Ooo a yellow one. Sweeet. Im not trying to be mean at all, but do you have another badass car that made you put a running SRT on the back burner? I have a hunch judging by your screen name, but I could be dead wrong! Lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MA_srt13
thanks alot man that was helpful.. my place i take it too just likes me to drop it off with a list to do.. appreciate it

T4EaterJonny

lol yeah didnt want the yellow but it grew on me now i love it, thanks man...
haha nah i had a 98 neon beater and a 95 mercury beater but its cause i had kids and got married so priorities and $$$$ shifted lolol good and bad i guess :( but its coming back finally this year :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
so heres the list and where to get parts??

so my shop just wants the car dropped off with a list of things i would like done.. heres the list and please feel free to help me add so i dont forget anything.. again its sat 4 years 40k miles 03.. thanks every1..

i also am wondering whats the best place to get and best ones for spark plugs wires and a coilpack i know its some opinion too but it all helps thanks

-oil change

-brake rotor work

-new spark plugs and wires if needed

-boost leak check

-check all fluids(oil,water, trans) and lines

-replace all 4 tires

-new air and fuel filter

-fuel injector cleaner(what brand to get idk yet)

-???????

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
BLT, check tires, replace all fluids(oil, water, trans at a minimum), check brakes/rotors, check air filter, and plugs.

The rest you can do as you see fit.

If the plug wires are worn/tattered/etc then I'd replace them with parts store ones with a lifetime warranty. Else run them until they fail.

I have no idea why you would replace the coil pack.... I haven't seen one that was iffy. Either it works or it doesn't. Kinda like the PCM. Both of which are very robust and don't fail that often.

I'd make sure that the gas tank has some type of cleaner or something like that in it. Old gas can be a PITA to deal with. I was lucky as my car started right up after sitting for about 2 years (it was on "E" btw). I did however dump a can of fuel injector cleaner in before I first started it. Once I saw that it would start I then added 5 gallons of fresh go juice.

If you are set on getting a coilpack hit up the junkyard and snag one from there. 03-07 NGC platforms should have the same coilpack (I believe). Worst case get one from the dealership. Anything other than a stock coilpack is a waste of money and could potentially cause PCM issues (coil drivers).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would also inspect those tires and double check the tire pressure. Have fun with your new/old toy!!!
thanks man.. yeah im going to get a new set of 4 or at least just do the air pressure and when i get my new rims since theyre 18 and stock is 17(which is back on there now) i will just get the new tires 18s idk yet haha but thanks man

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BLT, check tires, replace all fluids(oil, water, trans at a minimum), check brakes/rotors, check air filter, and plugs.

The rest you can do as you see fit.

If the plug wires are worn/tattered/etc then I'd replace them with parts store ones with a lifetime warranty. Else run them until they fail.

I have no idea why you would replace the coil pack.... I haven't seen one that was iffy. Either it works or it doesn't. Kinda like the PCM. Both of which are very robust and don't fail that often.

I'd make sure that the gas tank has some type of cleaner or something like that in it. Old gas can be a PITA to deal with. I was lucky as my car started right up after sitting for about 2 years (it was on "E" btw). I did however dump a can of fuel injector cleaner in before I first started it. Once I saw that it would start I then added 5 gallons of fresh go juice.

If you are set on getting a coilpack hit up the junkyard and snag one from there. 03-07 NGC platforms should have the same coilpack (I believe). Worst case get one from the dealership. Anything other than a stock coilpack is a waste of money and could potentially cause PCM issues (coil drivers).
thanks alot man i added and changed some stuff... yeah i think i i dont have or had much gas in there thank the lord so i will try putting a new battery in, then fuel injector cleaner, then try to start.. if it starts then ill turn it off and go get my 5 gallon gas container full and put that in and let her run warmup for a little before i flatbed/drive to the dealer. thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think you just talked me out of getting married. I've already got the kids, so I'm kinda stuck there. lol
lol yeah man its gonna cost a little bit now im guessing a 1000 or 1500 to get it back to normal to drive almost daily.. maybe i should post this everywhere so guys wont get married lol yeah priorities at first but now im caught back up where its srt time haha

i just dont want to feel like i missed anything on the list for when i drop it off and give it to them... everything from obvious oil change to anything that would be need to be checked after sitting that long

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to revive an ancient thread, but how did this go? @t4merkin Did you miss anything or have to add another item to the list? I just bought a car in a similar situation and want to make sure I catch it all before I put her back on the road

·
Super Moderator
16,523 Posts
Sorry to revive an ancient thread, but how did this go? @t4merkin Did you miss anything or have to add another item to the list? I just bought a car in a similar situation and want to make sure I catch it all before I put her back on the road
Just follow the suggestions, obviously check all fluids before starting, then check for oil in the coolant/coolant in the oil. Even if it all looks good, with a car like this, I'd do a complete fluid swap (coolant/oil/transmission fluid) because there's no way sometimes to know just how long that stuff has been in there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts