Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just currious howmuch of a break in you guys give your srt

mine has 1500 miles on it and in general i usually wait till the first oil change before i consider it broken in

oh and on a side not

is it ok to switch to fully synthetic after the first oil change

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Someone needs to read their manual.

Seriously, It says 600 miles in there. Your manual also recommends a few wide open throttle runs on the way. Your car will force about 3000 miles by retarding the computer a little as well.
:rofl:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Broken5hifT said:
break-in period? unless your referring to stealing the car, fuggin hammer it everywhere off the showroom floor. you think hammering it on the test drive didnt count or something?

actually i did not test drive the one i bought so i did abuse this one to badly
yet

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
creatism said:
actually i did not test drive the one i bought so i did abuse this one to badly
yet

its kinda pointless to think that the car your buying hasnt been beatin on by other test drives. i bought mine off the showroom floor but as soon as i got out the dealer driveway and onto the street the gas was pinned to the floor. its the only way to drive these beast :)

·
Premium Member
4,568 Posts
posthondaremoval said:
Someone needs to read their manual.

Seriously, It says 600 miles in there. Your manual also recommends a few wide open throttle runs on the way. Your car will force about 3000 miles by retarding the computer a little as well.
:rofl:
actually the manual says 300mi

Anyways bro you ride her hard she'll run strong you run her soft she'll be a weakling. :D

Just have fun with the car. I progressively got harder on it. At 500mi I did 3rd gear pulls....1000mi I did 4th gear pulls...1500mi I found an open stretch and let her open up to 140. Most of the time I just drive her the way I feel like driving.

·
Registered
145 Posts
When we test drove mine we went to a skid pad just down the street at Andretti's Speed Lab and wore it out. I think everytime one is tested it gets hammered. Also, I've ran nothing but synthetic since day 1.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
N0sferatU said:
actually the manual says 300mi

Anyways bro you ride her hard she'll run strong you run her soft she'll be a weakling. :D

Just have fun with the car. I progressively got harder on it. At 500mi I did 3rd gear pulls....1000mi I did 4th gear pulls...1500mi I found an open stretch and let her open up to 140. Most of the time I just drive her the way I feel like driving.
Oh the manual says 300? I just checked mine and you're right:ftard:. Duh on me. Guess I need to read it again (Short term memory lapse).

Point is still the same - drive her like the demon she is!

·
Premium Member
4,568 Posts
dude it's in the manual go look. I'm not digging out my manual at 1:30 in the morning to look.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Dealership told me the engine won't be fully broken in until 12000 miles... That's when you can expect to be pushing the rated mileage.... From what I've been reading, this car is also apparently underrated in the gas mileage you can get out of it once it's well broken in.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
N0sferatU said:
dude it's in the manual go look. I'm not digging out my manual at 1:30 in the morning to look.
\
you dont have to already did and it doesnt say one thing about vhanging the oil at 300 miles it says take it easy for the first 300 miles or so and than start haveing some fun with

so please tell where it says it cause i can't find it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.