Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
32,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had alot of questions about this and now we have the answers for you. The LBC bleeds boost through the BOV for traction in the lower gears. There are the BOV's that work with it,
Mopar
Stock surge valve
HKS SSQ
RFL
(more to come)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,056 Posts
ptperformance said:
I have had alot of questions about this and now we have the answers for you. The LBC bleeds boost through the BOV for traction in the lower gears. There are the BOV's that work with it,
Mopar
Stock surge valve
Greddy SSQ
RFL
(more to come)
the SSq is made by HKS, so does that mean Greddy will work also? (confused)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
32,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mini Hemi said:
ptperformance said:
I have had alot of questions about this and now we have the answers for you. The LBC bleeds boost through the BOV for traction in the lower gears. There are the BOV's that work with it,
Mopar
Stock surge valve
Greddy SSQ
RFL
(more to come)
the SSq is made by HKS, so does that mean Greddy will work also? (confused)
Good to see someone is paying attention. I dont know if teh Greddy works or not, but something tells me that it wont from past testing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,056 Posts
ptperformance said:
Mini Hemi said:
ptperformance said:
I have had alot of questions about this and now we have the answers for you. The LBC bleeds boost through the BOV for traction in the lower gears. There are the BOV's that work with it,
Mopar
Stock surge valve
Greddy SSQ
RFL
(more to come)
the SSq is made by HKS, so does that mean Greddy will work also? (confused)
Good to see someone is paying attention. I dont know if the Greddy works or not, but something tells me that it wont from past testing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,112 Posts
ha whoops, apparently skipped right over that
 

·
Premium Member, SRT of the Month
Joined
·
7,990 Posts
As far as I can tell neither the greddy type s or the blitz ss will work with the lbc. I wished someone would have told us this BEFORE buying it cuz I didnt know it only worked with certain ones. So far I havent saw the lbc work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,056 Posts
turbojonsrt4 said:
As far as I can tell neither the greddy type s or the blitz ss will work with the lbc. I wished someone would have told us this BEFORE buying it cuz I didnt know it only worked with certain ones. So far I havent saw the lbc work.
That's too bad cuz it works great w/my rice plt...also why I held out to get the SSQv....
 

·
Premium Member, SRT of the Month
Joined
·
7,990 Posts
Well I already had both of the bovs before buying the car but still noone from ptp ever mentioned it not working with certain bovs at the time I bought it. Woulda been nice to know.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
32,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
turbojonsrt4 said:
Well I already had both of the bovs before buying the car but still noone from ptp ever mentioned it not working with certain bovs at the time I bought it. Woulda been nice to know.
We knew that there were a few it wouldnt work with and the ones that are adjustable need to be adjusted down to where they blow off at a very low boost if not a 0. That is the only way you can use it on a car that has an aftermaket BOV. I believe that one of the units you have is adjustable so you should be able to turn it down and use the LBC to controll your traction issues. A phone call or a PM might have helped as well to get your questions answered much quicker. I could have helped you to tune it or have you test a few ideas before selling it to you. Since we are at this point lets see if we can get it working for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
I want to pick up a LBC, where can I get some info on it like how it works, how hard it is to tune and how hard it is to install.

Let me know, I just picked up hardpipes with the SSQV and i would love to get traction in first gear, espically once I get my 50trim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,532 Posts
Hey man glad you are interested in the LBC, it will deffinatly help your 1 st gear traction. What it does is you hook it up in-line between you TB vac source and the BOV. Then there are some wires you run into the car and wire up a push button. You can put the button anywhere you want but you have to be able to put you finger on it when launching. So most people put it on their shifter or stearing wheel. When you are launching you press the button and it basicly opeds the bov a bleeds boost. Then when you let off the button the BOV closes and you gain your full boost setting.

I believe John has plenty of these in stock so order away and enjoy your new found traction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,056 Posts
nigthmare_reborn said:
so you have to keep holding the button down for it to bleed boost? or is it a regular button?


if it works with the stock one it works with the forge rigth?, i sold my hks to get a w/inj kit, so i am using a forge now.
no button is included, so you set it up the way you want...I use a rocker switch so it also works as a 'valet' mode. It's about half the size of a pack of smokes, very discreet. Two wires and hooks inline w/your bov. About the Forge, ask John. :readclose
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,862 Posts
Mini Hemi said:
nigthmare_reborn said:
so you have to keep holding the button down for it to bleed boost? or is it a regular button?


if it works with the stock one it works with the forge rigth?, i sold my hks to get a w/inj kit, so i am using a forge now.
no button is included, so you set it up the way you want...I use a rocker switch so it also works as a 'valet' mode. It's about half the size of a pack of smokes, very discreet. Two wires and hooks inline w/your bov. About the Forge, ask John. :readclose
got any pics of it? i have never seen it
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top