Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I was driving for about 30 mins, ran it hard a couple of times, from like 30mph - 80mph against my buddy's evo since I'm still trying to get used to this SRT, as it's a new car for me... but regardless, about 10 mins after all of this, my BOV sounded like it was stuck open in a shift between second and third, then it sputtered, and closed and worked normal after that.... also, I noticed that the stock boost gauge pegs the needle when I really get on it.... I'm pretty sure the person who had this car before didn't set it up right, where should I start?

Also, the mods I have are:
TurboXS MBC, CCA FMIC, Mopar Blow Off Conversion Plate, Prothane Motor Mount Inserts, Stage 2 Wastegate... CF Hood, Injen Cat-back exhaust

Any help would be apprciated... thanks
Rob

·
Registered
379 Posts
Your spiking because he had the mbc set too high, just turn it down one full turn and see what happens, then continue turning it down untill its where you want it to be. As for the bov, I havent heard of the mopar bov doing that, the diaphram could have ripped, but I havent heard of that happening yet.

·
Registered
231 Posts
most likely a vacuum leak/overboost...If you're boosting high psi some air could release from one of the fittings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts