Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i bought my car from a dealership, it had some aftermarket parts on it, when i drove it the blow off was extremely loud but i couldnt find the bov on the cold side of the intercooler, 2 months later i was lookin around and found the bov (turboXS) mounted on the hot side of the intercooler, my car has to get warranty work done to it, and i have to take that bov off,but it seems impossible to get too, i think i have to take the radiator out...also if anyone can help, how do i set the vaccum lines up without the bov...any help would be appreciated
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,408 Posts
StageSRT4 said:
i think you can elliminate the black and green vac lines and run right to the wastegate.

lol, what???

umm.... i wouldnt worry about it..

what waranty work do you need done??

a bov can't void your warantee.... just gotta know how to argue constructively (i.e. they have to prove that a modification caused the issue/damage to vehicle)...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there is a rod knocking on my car, so i have to get the engine replaced, the dodge dealership im going to is really cool about aftermarket stuff, i took the lowering springs off my car and put factory on so i could get the struts replaced, they could tell that i had aftermarket springs on my car but went ahead and replaced them free of charge, now i have the bov and block-off plate on, and i cant afford for them not to fix my engine under warranty, i dont want to take it with the bov and block off plate on and have the chance of turning me down....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
917 Posts
technically, you WANT to have your BOV mounted on the hotside.

just 99% of people never do due to fitting it, and length of vac hose.

id leave it as is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,246 Posts
christian! said:
technically, you WANT to have your BOV mounted on the hotside.

just 99% of people never do due to fitting it, and length of vac hose.

id leave it as is.

Yes it performs better the closer it is to the compressor. That's why the stocker is made into the housing.

oh my,,I think this is twice now i agreed with christian!,,,,uugghhhuck,,(me shuddering with disgust),,:stab:
:jester:

I guess if he keeps on with the "rational discourse" and the "objective reasoning" and "civility" its just something I'd have to get used to.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
917 Posts
duster360 said:
christian! said:
technically, you WANT to have your BOV mounted on the hotside.

just 99% of people never do due to fitting it, and length of vac hose.

id leave it as is.

Yes it performs better the closer it is to the compressor. That's why the stocker is made into the housing.

oh my,,I think this is twice now i agreed with christian!,,,,uugghhhuck,,(me shuddering with disgust),,:stab:
:jester:

I guess if he keeps on with the "rational discourse" and the "objective reasoning" and "civility" its just something I'd have to get used to.


:rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
795 Posts
ikon88 said:
there is a rod knocking on my car, so i have to get the engine replaced, the dodge dealership im going to is really cool about aftermarket stuff, i took the lowering springs off my car and put factory on so i could get the struts replaced, they could tell that i had aftermarket springs on my car but went ahead and replaced them free of charge, now i have the bov and block-off plate on, and i cant afford for them not to fix my engine under warranty, i dont want to take it with the bov and block off plate on and have the chance of turning me down....
what dose rod knock sound like? and how dose it effect the car? sorry if its a stupid question.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,337 Posts
Sp3kter said:
ikon88 said:
there is a rod knocking on my car, so i have to get the engine replaced, the dodge dealership im going to is really cool about aftermarket stuff, i took the lowering springs off my car and put factory on so i could get the struts replaced, they could tell that i had aftermarket springs on my car but went ahead and replaced them free of charge, now i have the bov and block-off plate on, and i cant afford for them not to fix my engine under warranty, i dont want to take it with the bov and block off plate on and have the chance of turning me down....
what dose rod knock sound like? and how dose it effect the car? sorry if its a stupid question.
loud clicking type sound..rod can break
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
when i give alittle bit of gas you can just hear a huge clank noise from the bottom end, i was at first hoping it had t odo with too mch fuel getting into thespark plugs, i tried keeping the bov on but the dodge dealership that is going to fix it, said that an inspector usually comes to check it out and any aftermarket stuff on there will void the warranty, they said if the guy wasnt coming there it wouldnt be a big deal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,337 Posts
ikon88 said:
when i give alittle bit of gas you can just hear a huge clank noise from the bottom end, i was at first hoping it had t odo with too mch fuel getting into thespark plugs, i tried keeping the bov on but the dodge dealership that is going to fix it, said that an inspector usually comes to check it out and any aftermarket stuff on there will void the warranty, they said if the guy wasnt coming there it wouldnt be a big deal
They would have to prove that the bov caused the damage. Also if they sold you the car with the bov on there, i would leave it on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
Yes if they sold you the car with the BOV and gave you a warranty then they can't take the warranty back. After all you did buy it like that, there mistake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i bought the car from a mitsubishi dealership, i have to take it 40 miles to a dodge dealership to get it fixed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
If you bought it from a different dealer then you wouldn't even have a warranty on the car unless they sold you a extended warranty. Then they would still have to cover it cause you haven't done anything to the car sense you've had it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
idk, i work at the same dealership that sold me the car, they seem to be workin with me...but from what i hear on here they could be doin alittle bit more
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top