Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i just installed a greddy type S on my car last night... took about 3 hrs and all (BOP is a bitch) however tuning is a breeze with it! It sounds really nice especially at really high PSI blowing off and is plenty loud. There is one thing i noticed last night as i was driving around however. Alot of time when i let off the gas and just start to decelerate in gear (or even sometimes when i put it in neutral and just brake), i get this kind of high pitched whistle that sounds like my brakes are screeching for a couple seconds and then it goes away. I dont think i hvae a boost leak so that isnt what it is. Another guy i know just put one on his car a couple weeks ago and his does it too. Any ideas?????

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fine then... don't help me, i didnt want any of your help anyways!!

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
it's fine, it sound like that after it blows off. Mine does the same after venting and I have the ATP greddy style.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SRTGURL said:
it's fine, it sound like that after it blows off. Mine does the same after venting and I have the ATP greddy style.
urs makes a high pitched screeching like the brakes are squealing for a couple seconds?? the really REALLY annoying sound...?

·
Banned
460 Posts
mine was doing something like that at first...make sure that your intercooler hose clams (all 8 of them) and especially the new UPP one are really tight...like..use Hercules strength to tighten them. I know with the Exhaust Depot hardpipes you are supposed to use silicon to keep the i/c pipes in place...thats all I can recommend...otherwise if that doesnt help then listen to SRTGurl...oh yea also, if it is your intercooler pipes you'll notice it...floor it in 2nd or 3rd gear to about 5000rpm, and watch closely at your boost gauge...if your boost drops off then its a boost leak..if it stays the same till after 5000, then your fine, and srtgurl was right

1 - 6 of 6 Posts