Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hard pressure pipe, with the turboxs rfl type h bov on it.
I also have the block off plate

If I have to take the car back to the dealer, I ussually take the intake off and put stock one back in, and I used to have the Mopar BOV instead of the turboxs one and the block off. And they had no problem with the mopar bov.

Do you think they would have a problem with the turboxs one? Since it really doesnt do anything except vent the turbo?

·
Registered
642 Posts
it depends on the reason for bringing it in...if it's for a routine oil change just leave it in. if they say anything, just nod in agreement to whatever "futre warranty claims" BS they give you. if you have to bring it back for some sort of CEL later on, then i'd switch it back to the mopar...they won't remember that you have the turboxs.

EDIT: off-topic...this is my 500th post on SRTforums.com!!! :clap:

·
Registered
642 Posts
yea i would say make it stock/mopar bov too if it wasn't such a bitch to take off the BOP and swap it for the stock surge valve/mopar. i'm sure switching out the hardpipe is a bitch to do too

·
Banned
3,026 Posts
yea, taht 3rd bolt really isnt as bad as you guys say it is...took me 5 minutes to take the surge valve off, and put the block off plate on...Of course this was AFTER a phone call to Ron and Dave at Performance Autowerks lol...but yea, it shouldn't be a problem if your going in for some routine maintenence. If its cause your cars having a problem...they'll somehow try to prove that it was the aftermarket parts that are af fault...

·
Registered
642 Posts
you can have powertrain warranties with the mopar cat-back...all depends on the dealer. every dealer i've gone to has tried to blame warranty claims on my HP 3" exhaust...trying to say how having no cat caused my misfire or some random stuff...but all depends on where you go

·
Banned
3,026 Posts
JustANeonButBadass said:
you can have powertrain warranties with the mopar cat-back...all depends on the dealer. every dealer i've gone to has tried to blame warranty claims on my HP 3" exhaust...trying to say how having no cat caused my misfire or some random stuff...but all depends on where you go
cuz of your misfires? Hope your not talkin about the pops and crackels out the back...cuz if thats the case then just tell then to test drive a new SRT-4...go up to 40 in 4th gear, downshift to 2nd and pop the clutch out and tell me it doesnt make popping noises from factory...o regap your plugs to i think its .040

·
Registered
642 Posts
no no no...i got a p0303 i believe for 3rd cylinder misfire and the dealership tried to tell me that the hot exhaust temps from not having a cat on an aftermarket exhaust caused my misfire. just look at my sig (#2 post on this thread) at the various things i've gotten at dealerships for random warranty work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.