Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the front one finally came in today, so I decided that I would both on after work. So, at 2am when I finally got home, I started the job. About 45 minutes later, I took it out for a test spin to a "do-it-yourself" car wash to get the bugs off the front end. All I have to say is WOW!!!:clap: I thought driving on turns was fun before, but now it's awesome. Especially putting the P-werks bar in the back. I'm definately satisfied. I wouldn't mind making another attempt at the hill up to Frankenstein's castle just to feel the difference. Till then, I'll just use the back roads from Speicher.

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
Now you know why I was on your ass downhill the whole on the Castle road!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No kidding! I didn't realize how much of a difference that would make.

·
Registered
323 Posts
hehe, they were the first thing I ordered for my car, put to good use at the autox

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
99R/T, you gonna be at Bitburg in October? If you are, I wanna get some footage of your neon on the autox.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
mr_bojangles80 said:
Well, the front one finally came in today, so I decided that I would both on after work. So, at 2am when I finally got home, I started the job. About 45 minutes later, I took it out for a test spin to a "do-it-yourself" car wash to get the bugs off the front end. All I have to say is WOW!!!:clap: I thought driving on turns was fun before, but now it's awesome. Especially putting the P-werks bar in the back. I'm definately satisfied. I wouldn't mind making another attempt at the hill up to Frankenstein's castle just to feel the difference. Till then, I'll just use the back roads from Speicher.
hey where did you buy ur strut bars???

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Also, besides where did you buy them (rear especially) can you post some pics? I wanna see it NOW!!! hehehe

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
also, now that i think about it, was the rear bar easy to put on... u didnt have to modify anything did u???

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nd4Spd said:
also, now that i think about it, was the rear bar easy to put on... u didnt have to modify anything did u???
The rear one came from Performance Werks. It is fairly simple install. The only problem I have is working around the carpet for the interior. I still have a little trimming I have to do. Once that is done, I'll post pics. Also, that particular bar mounts to the center seat belt. It also mounts to all three bolts on top of each strut. It really improves the back end.

The front bar is from Modern Performance. I went with a hinged to see how it worked, and I'm impressed. I'm sure I'd do better in the front with a DC bar, but this one is still pretty good. I just have to do a little adjust and it'll be perfect. So, hopefully in another day or so, I'll have pics.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Ah-ha, I told you that those bars would kick ass. Now imagine your car about 2 inches lower (once you get home...). Swing back by this way anytime for another run up the hill.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
any of you guys running a bushing set + lowering springs?

·
Registered
323 Posts
mr_bojangles80 said:
99R/T, you gonna be at Bitburg in October? If you are, I wanna get some footage of your neon on the autox.
I will be at bitburg in October again. I am hoping to beat that damned silver golf that was 2 seconds faster than I was. New parts will be : Finally putting my P&P head on, Camber adjustment bolts, and a new alignment setup (all the camber possible in the front, 0 camber in back, 0 toe f/b). Should be able to whoop him after the alignment.

·
Registered
987 Posts
prothane full kit, both strut bars, and tein s-tech's here.....now i just need the bigger front bar and it will handle like a civic....

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
hey does someone have pictures of the rear strut bar mounted?? I am buying one in a few days but not exactly sure how to cut the carpet etc. Anyone have pictures while cutting the carpet or just of the final product. I would really appreciate if someone could either post some here or PM me.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I still have a little trimming left, but once that is done I'll take some pictures. As far as the carpet, you'll have to cut that and the sound deafening material that's under it. A utility knife and a good pair of scissors will be needed. Also, at the both sides of the trunk opening, you'll find a plastic fastener. If you pull that out, it will allow you to pull the carpet back more during installation. Which strut bars did you go with???

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Do sway bars really make a difference? I was looking at getting them, but I want somebody elses oppinion. Thanks...

·
Registered
323 Posts
wenzel, it depends on wich sway bars you buy. Yes they make a difference, but it may not be the effect you are after.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts