Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got it installed finally properly, everything is clamped according to the specs, however I still hear a flicking noise when the car is idling. It sounds like the clamped resonator pipe to the catback system has a small leak, it's an raspy airy ticking type sound, is this nromal and I just think there's a leak? Or is there a leak, any info would help greatly, thank you.

·
Administrator
39,596 Posts
could it also be the over-axle pipe hitting the crossmember? I had that after I adjusted the tips (didn't tighten the last clamp enough, it shifted a tad). Car went into knock protection and I had to get back under and adjust all the pipes so they didn't touch anything under the car and the ticking sound went away.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the axle pipe is clearing in the hole it slides through, it might be resting on it though, it's not a hard ticking sound though like a metal on metal sound, it's more of a airy flickering sound, and def sounds like where the cat pipe connects to the resonator piping...but it's clamped correctly and everything, could I maybe liquid gasket the thing shut more or tighter?

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
did you get the little hole on the clamp lined up with the little stopper on the stock dp?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the groove is slid into the stock DP's little bump poking out on the pipe, and the clamp is covering the pipe correctly, first time we had the exhaust on, it didnt cover it corrctly and it made the airy sound, so we fixed it, but it still makes same noise

im not sure if I really do have a leak, i just wnana know, i shouldnt hear anything except the tips correct

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
i had the same problem...i had to let the car cool. start it up and feel around the joints until I found the leak. then loosen it all up and get the pipes together fully.

my leak was between the DP and the intermediate pipe...the slit in the fitting wasn't all the way over the pipe. putting the clamp over it didn't fix it. a rubber mallet and a board did..*bang bang*

C

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah that's what we missed the first time, thenwe slid the new resonator pipe with the groove into the stopper circle on the stock DP, then covered the hole with the clamp that has the hole for it properly. i checked it like 10 times to make sure it was correct

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.