Dodge SRT Forum banner

Boosting issues

732 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Doug28angel 
#1 ·
Idk if im on the right part of the site for issues or not.. Im having boosting issues. I have an 03 dodge srt 4 with a 5062 precision turbo , external wastegate , knockoff hks blowoff valve, and a 3bar map sensor, 1000cc bosch injectors on pump gas. 255 walbro , hallman boost controller and more... Is tuned by hts software.. But now to the issue my car is supposed to. be boosting 22 psi. and is only boosting 10 psi. It drops boost from 10 psi to almost 0 psi.. Ive tried boost leak test.. New blowoff valve. New wastegate. Buts still cant figure it out

#2 ·
post a video of 3rd gear pull, datalog would be helpful, codes.. video of boost leak test too..
its odd it goes to 0psi..

#6 ·
Idk if im on the right part of the site for issues or not.. Im having boosting issues. I have an 03 dodge srt 4 with a 5062 precision turbo , external wastegate , knockoff hks blowoff valve, and a 3bar map sensor, 1000cc bosch injectors on pump gas. 255 walbro , hallman boost controller and more... Is tuned by hts software.. But now to the issue my car is supposed to. be boosting 22 psi. and is only boosting 10 psi. It drops boost from 10 psi to almost 0 psi.. Ive tried boost leak test.. New blowoff valve. New wastegate. Buts still cant figure it out
look for leaks in the hoses. especially the ones going to and from your boost solenoid.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I bypassed the boost selenoids.. And fixed boost leaks.. And i did exhaust leaks before the turbo but not after the turbo to the back of the car... When i do a boost leak test the boost guage doesnt go above 10 psi with compressed air it should build and hold more than that

#8 ·
i set my compressor to 30 psi, and connect it a vac line off the intake boost gauge should read same as compressor.. its normal to hear a slight bit of air come out of the pvc due to some air getting through the ring gap
run your hand along all the lines use soapy water out of a spray bottle for hot and cold side piping..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.