Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Chryster PT Cruiser
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an issue for a while where the boost pressure reads peaked at an average 179kpa (25psi) when data logged at WOT in a diablo intune i3. While under full throttle, a separate boost line is run from a tapped and fitted nipple in the manifold, the boost reads 14-15psi (staying at 14 when initially WOT, and rising to 15 after gear change). So the car reads I'm under 25psi, yet I'm reliably under 16psi (autometer c2 mechanical 30 boost/ 30 vacuum).

When boost parameters are increased by 40% there is no change in boost numbers or behavior, and when decreased by 40% there seems to be no change either (these readings are not based on data logging, only the analog gauge).

I want to further validate my gauge's reliability. Whilst looking to solve previous issues, increasing the wastegate stiffness caused the boost to hit the max on the autometer gauge (30psi). The sound, feeling, and behavior of the spike was consistent with 30psi, and not 50psi due to my gaskets and stock lines still being intact.

I have also replaced the M.A.P sensor, yet I have yet to reload the tune on the engine to see if that is an issue.

2005 Chrysler PT cruiser GT

So after all that, my question is:
What is causing the computer to read so high?

·
Registered
2005 Chryster PT Cruiser
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update: map sensor replaced and the boost is still reading high. 20in.hg on the gauge and 40kPa in the ECU at idle

·
Premium Member
4,636 Posts
is the tip sensor hooked up and does it match the map sensor (both 3 bar, or both 2.25 bar etc.)

·
Registered
2005 Chryster PT Cruiser
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
both stock gt sensors from the looks of it

·
Registered
2005 Chryster PT Cruiser
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is the tip sensor hooked up and does it match the map sensor (both 3 bar, or both 2.25 bar etc.)
i'm going to buy a new tip sensor, since that is the only thing I can think causing this. Either that or the ecu is trash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts